sticky liquid coming out your ear gauge?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by humberto » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Why does sticky fluid come out of your ear gauge? Is it bad when that happens?
humberto

by ninjapirate » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:10 am

I had that once before stretching from an 8 to a 6, it was a fresh stretch and there was a bit of blood then white goo-ish stuff, it's just pus. Be careful, keep it clean. It isn't the best thing to have but it isn't the end of the world either. Don't stretch up again until it's COMPLETELY healed.
currently at 2g,
goal is 00g... for now >:D
ninjapirate

by caadam » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:33 am

If you don't feel any swelling and warmth, then the liquid is most likely NOT pus. It's most likely lymphatic fluid, which is pretty normal with new piercings and stretches. Lymphatic fluid aids the healing process.

It's when your ears are warm, swollen, and the liquid is yellow/greenish along with blood, that you are suffering an infection. In that case, the liquid IS pus.
Nose = 18g
Ears = 8g (2mm) (longterm goal: 2g [6-6.5mm])
caadam

by xxxmehbrokensoulxxx » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:18 pm

caadam wrote:If you don't feel any swelling and warmth, then the liquid is most likely NOT pus. It's most likely lymphatic fluid, which is pretty normal with new piercings and stretches. Lymphatic fluid aids the healing process.

It's when your ears are warm, swollen, and the liquid is yellow/greenish along with blood, that you are suffering an infection. In that case, the liquid IS pus.

Mine are doing the same thing, and my ears are not warm or swelling or anything its just there. But there is a problem, It is drying on the backs of my ears and peeling off. When it peels Its causing a little bit of pain and scabbing.
Help please?
My gauges are a 9/16" but my goal is 1 inch
Wants:
tongue
Snakebites
chest, back, and left sleeve tats
-~^All mushrooms are edible indeed, yet there are ones you can only eat once^~-
/) /)
( . .)
c(")(")
xxxmehbrokensoulxxx

by twosharks » Sun May 01, 2011 12:43 am

caadam wrote:If you don't feel any swelling and warmth, then the liquid is most likely NOT pus. It's most likely lymphatic fluid, which is pretty normal with new piercings and stretches. Lymphatic fluid aids the healing process.

I'm gonna agree, it's lymph. If it's not greasy it's not just ear cheese, and you don't see that until your stretch is well healed anyway. Often when I wear jewelry my piercings hate, I get some liquidy goo along with irritation, redness, and dryness. So in stretches that should be happy otherwise, maybe look to the material for the cause. In a fresh stretch, it's probably a sign the piercing wasn't ready and now it's a little pissed off.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety