lotion to lubricate...bad idea?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Chrispedraza1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 am

I had just bought some 0g claws to stretch up and i really wanted to put them in, and i decided to use some scented hand lotion. The next day my left ear was fine, but my right ear was pussing and bleeding..... I had previously tore it just a little, but I was wondering if the lotion could've made it worse?
I already sized back down to a 2 and have been doing seasalt soaks.
Lobes=1/2"
Left nostril=18g

Throw your diamonds in the sky. We'll stay gold forever.
Chrispedraza1

by Deano » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:40 am

It's absolutely possible that something in the lotion irritated your lobe. Fragrances are generally pretty strong and should be avoided on something like this. I'd suggest using vitamin e oil or KY jelly, something water based and fragrance free.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by elfbox » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:14 pm

i was told ages ago, always stretch and upsize and clean whilst showering...

simple science - molecules expand when heated, and contract when cooled.
and kills 2 birds with one stone (or ears with plugs), good time management for your daily routines.

so apply this to your lobe! - filled with blood etc - have a shower, warm up ur little lobes and so long as always u havnt torn or forced ur lobe, slowly push, size up or change to larger plugs in shower, i have a soap free/fragrance free 'soap' anyway which is better for your skin and lube mine up when doing so.

Also - good time to clean, your hands should be relatively clean by the time u have suds'd up and not risking u touching the basin and other stuff in between going for that possibly fresh and open wound.

In saying all this - dont OVER CLEAN your wounds! your body needs time to heal - your white blood cells (sebum, weepy crystals, clear stuff) needs to fight infection of any size, so puss is not always bad, depending on color of course, lol if its heavy yellow to green go see a doctor for antibiotics ASAP and probs size down!
My greatest gift to you, is a dance floor... free from insecurity!

10 years of trials, fails and wins in both stretching and light piercing. win some lose some. thats life.
elfbox

by twosharks » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Body lotions are for the outside of the body only, piercings count as internal use. Piercings should be moisturized with something with as few ingredients as possible, usually you want something with one ingredient. Plant or animal based oils or waxes, basically.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences