Pain, puss, blood

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Totaltaco » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 am

So I went from a 4 to a 2 a few days ago and I'm afraid it's either infected or torn. Possibly both. There has been a little puss today and minor blood but nothing worse than a fresh piercing was for me. It is swollen as well. Can anyone tell me if I should downsize?
Totaltaco

by StrickyCub » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:13 am

Yes you should downsize. If there's blood that means you've torn it.
Even if it's only a small tear, you need to take the pressure off it to let it heal properly.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by Deano » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 am

Exactly what Stricky said, blood is telling you you've done something wrong. Take it out, baby the hell out of it, SSS, and don't even think about moving back up for several months.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by Totaltaco » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:46 pm

I took the 2 out this morning to stop from anymore bleeding. What exactly is SSS though?
Totaltaco

by StrickyCub » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Sea Salt Soak.
Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of Sea Salt (NOT Iodized table salt) to 1 cup of shower warm water. Soak your ear in it for 5-10 minutes, 2 to 3 times a day.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Also, make sure the mixture isn't too salty. This is the most important thing because it'll do more harm than good if there's too much salt. The idea is to get it as close to the salt content of your own body as possible, which is 0.9%, I believe.

And the stuff that's coming out of your ears probably isn't pus. If it's a white-yellowish or even clear substance, it's called lymph and it comes out of all wounds. A lot of people see it and think it = pus which means infection, but that's not the case. Infections are really rare and if you had one you'd know it; they're accompanied by lots of swelling, redness, intense pain, and dark-colored or even bright pus.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety