Acting Afeminate but Being Straight.

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by Drrob » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

I wanted to put this out in the Ether and see what sort of responses I got, for the last year I have started liking a lot of gay celebrities and understanding their humour.
I have always considered myself as quite afeminate but I do not have an attraction to the same sex in a intimate way, what is your take on this.
My partner of 6 years knows what I am like - and does on occasion take the P but I just love being a nice person and love everyone I meet.

Your comments and thoughts are appreciated.

Have a fantastic week everyone.

Hugs
Dr Rob
Drrob

by WindowLicker » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but if I'm reading this right I think what it comes down to is there was probably something early in your upbringing that sort of embeded itself into your personality or there could be a level of chemical imbalance. Not to say that you're a freak or anything along those lines, but just as some girls have a higher level of testosterone in their system resulting in harrier faces/arms, etc. some guys have a lower level of testosterone. If that makes any sense...I'm extremely tired lol
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:30 am

I think he means acting feminine as a man? Im not too sure what afeminate means. Maybe he meant Effeminacy. I think men who are straight and able to not put on the tough guy act as a front are great :)
HiMyNameIsMegan

by Drrob » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:43 am

My only example would be I am good at acting gay and enjoy seeing peoples smiling faces when I do.
There is childhood quality to my behavour but I can be adult when I need to be so it is not related to the testosterone.
I do not know if the following word translates across the water - " Camp "

I hope this explains my comment a little.

Dr Rob.
Drrob

by Acacia » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:40 pm

LOL, I am also quite confused as to what you are really asking?

So, you can act and look gay, but you are not- then maybe you just like the style? Most transvestites are straight.

Or maybe you are gay, but just not aware of it yet? i mean, most people, if not all, are brought up in a certain way according to gender...so, ones awareness of not fitting that gender-box would have to start somewhere, right? So maybe this is where you start- liking the appearance, style etc of gay men and maybe in time, realizing that you are gay?
Acacia

by Drrob » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:18 pm

I had not thought of it that way Acacia, I really do not consider myself as a gay man and I really do not think I am, with regards to transvesticism I do not wear anything feminine only do my nails.

So as you can see I am not really sure what I am saying either ! lol

Dr Rob
x
Drrob

by Acacia » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:50 pm

rofl :lol:
Acacia

by Deano » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Would you consider yourself metrosexual? From what you are explaining, that's the closest term I can think of to describe it.
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

by WindowLicker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 pm

I think Deano is hitting it closest but my understanding of metro-sexual is simply having style lol. I've got a friend that sounds similar to you dr rob. He jokes about gay stuff, acts kinda gay at times, but he really is straight.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by StrickyCub » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:09 am

I think I'm about the only one here who understands where Dr Rob is coming from :lol:

Dude, you can act effeminate and still be straight. I don't know if you're a fan of Bam Margera (from Jackass, Viva la Bam, Where the Fuck is Santa) but he acts effeminate quite often (girly mannerisms) but is straight as an arrow. And hell he is still as much of a guy as any of us. Also he's a fan of making gay jokes with his buddies for example, walking down the street holding one of his friends hands, hugging them and making jokes about being intimate with them.

It's also a combination of being metro-sexual. Seriously don't know why so many guys are scared of taking care of their hair, moisturizing and cleansing, shaving and just overall smelling and looking pretty :lol:

It all comes down to your own personality and being confident in yourself, and has nothing to do at all with secretly being gay or wanting to have a penis up your poop chute. :P

~Strick
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

Next

Return to General Discussion