emu oil vs. jojoba oil vs. vitamin e oil ...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by bella_donna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 pm

stashapistachio wrote:I hate coconut, even just the smell.
So, no :)

haha! most brands of coconut oil at the health food store don't have any odor at all :)
bella_donna

by stashapistachio » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:48 pm

The one someone gave me was disgusting!
(why does suncream always smell of coconut too?)

But I've never bought any. My ears are quite happy with what I've got :)
stashapistachio

by bella_donna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

stashapistachio wrote:The one someone gave me was disgusting!
(why does suncream always smell of coconut too?)

But I've never bought any. My ears are quite happy with what I've got :)

well, here's how i happened upon the idea ...

i had some irritation with my first stretch and my daughter suggested tea tree oil (a natural antiseptic good for most skin irritations) because she had used it on her ears with much success!

sadly, i learned that i have a bad reaction to tea tree oil :(

so then, i had to worry about what the tea tree had done to the skin surrounding my holes ... i use coconut oil as an all over moisturizer for my body so it was a natural step to apply it to the irritated skin on my ears. the skin there began to heal up well and the stretching didn't seem to be affected adversely.

i've been continuing to use the coconut oil on my ears since then and have stretched one more step with it. it seems to be doing great from what i can tell!

i just kind of wondered if anyone else had used it or knew of any reason why it shouldn't be used.

honestly, so far i love it!
bella_donna

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 am

stashapistachio wrote:I use holey butt'r now, which is great! Especially as I can't spill it everywhere :)
I'd use jojoba oil for fresh stretches though.
But I mainly used emu oil, cause it was free! Though it does sort of crystallise if its not warm.
Naked oil is meant to be great, but its always out of stock when I go to get some...

I love naked oil! It smells soooo good. At first I hated the smell but it really grew on me, haha. And it definitely hides the ear cheese smell. I used it a lot when I first started stretching but I finally ran out not too long ago. :(
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Acacia » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:56 am

I make my own mixture- 2/3 jojoba and 1/3 E oil and a few drops of teatree oil.

Bella- did you use it undiluted? Cos that would irritate most skin, it should always be used with a carrier oil. If used correctly it prevents keloids/excessive scartissue, infection etc.
Acacia

Previous

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety