punk rock?

Share your views on music, movies and games

by raven_bm » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:06 am

i listen to all kinds of music, but ALOT of punk, what are your favorit bands?
mine are anti-flag, rancid, the clash, the ramones, the stooges, gallows, the bronx, ghost of a thousand, propagandhi.....
I've seen a lot of bailouts in my life,
But why is it I never see a bailout
For the homeless and the poor?

- Anti-Flag (The Economy is Suffering...Let It Die)
raven_bm

by WindowLicker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 am

I used to listen to nothing but punk. Some of my favorite were The Clash, The Misfits, Calabrese, The Casualties, Blanks77, The Havoc, Sex Pistols, some Gallows, Pennywise, The Bouncing Souls, The Forgotten, to name a few.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by raven_bm » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Nice, i like most of those bands, i love gallows and the misfits tho! oh and the clash!

raven_bm

by twosharks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:05 am

88 Fingers Louie, 7 Year Bitch, and Descendents are probably my top three, although Bouncing Souls, Minor Threat, and Face to Face all have special places in my heart. Plus anything stupid, I can seriously get into some Sloppy Seconds or Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

Edit after rereading OP:
Oh holy crap Propaghandi....I know what I'm downloading next. Forgot how much I loved them!
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:36 am

I love punk. Rancid and the Bouncing Souls are two of my favorite bands... also, Social Distortion anyone?

Ooh and I just noticed your ska avatar... what are your favorite ska bands?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by raven_bm » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:05 pm

yaaa, i love social distorion! Iv gota Social D belt buckle. :P
And favorite ska band?
Probably Streetlight Manifesto or the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
What are yours corazon?

raven_bm

by WindowLicker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:13 pm

I love social Distortion. I go through binges where I listen to different bands religiously, Social Distortion being one of the most frequent. I've got a Social D belt buckle, a patch on this old jacket I've got, and tryin to collect their albums on Vinyl. I've only got their self titled one right now though :( It's tough tryin to collect vinyl, pay for gas, save for school, and buy plugs lol
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 am

I've loved Social Distortion for a really long time, and they're my boyfriend's favorite band so now I hear them more often and like them even more. I have tons of Social D shirts that used to be his, haha. He had dreadlocks so he couldn't fit his small shirts over his head so he gave them to me... even though he doesn't have dreads anymore I still wear them. :P

As for ska... I loooooove ska. My favorite ska band is Reel Big Fish; they're my second favorite band after Weezer (I know, my music taste is all over the place) and I've seen them live twice; both shows were the most fun I've ever had in my life. Streetlight Manifesto is probably my second favorite; I was a band geek in high school so I really appreciate their musical talent. Finally got to see them this summer and it was amazing. Mighty Mighty Bosstones are great too, and I also like some really old ska like The Specials and Toots and the Maytals. I know I'm forgetting to mention all kinds of awesome ska bands, haha.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 am

Ever hear of Five Iron Frenzy? They're probably the only ska-ish band that I listen to. And Sublime if you consider them ska
WindowLicker

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:11 am

Are they the Christian band? Or am I thinking of someone else? I used to listen to them a little bit but never got really into them. I love Sublime but I really only enjoy them in the summer/spring for some reason, haha.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Music & Entertainment