Ear Stretching Blowout Help!

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by WikKiiD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Okay 3 days ago I stretched from a 8g to a 6g and it hurt really bad so I thought it was normal and then today I noticed my ear was all red so i took out the 6g taper and blood was coming out and there is a small blowout on the back of both ears will they still heal up to normal after time??
WikKiiD

by Hardware » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:03 am

How long did you wait between stretching?
I would suggest taking it back down to 8G and do sea salt soaks in warm water.

Many people have problems going from 8G to 6G, many people simply need to wait a while before they are able to get to 6G. You may have had a problem with the material the jewelry is made of and wearing the taper isn't a good idea, they tend to cause problems and prolong the healing due to their shape. Stainless steel plugs are usually the best material to wear post stretching but you could also use the tape method (once your ears are healed).

You should not have a problem shrinking your ears down over time at 6G. Just don't wear Anything in your ears for a while. Personally I would not advise you to let ears close up in their current state. I would suggest just taking them down to 8G and let them heal up first.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by WikKiiD » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 am

Well I waited about 5 weeks and the taper was acrylic? Im not sure if its a blow out though it might just be infected in 1 ear because puss and blood was coming out my right ear and only blood in my left ear
WikKiiD

by Hardware » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:50 am

It sounds like your ear was not ready to go up to that size quite yet, I personally advise waiting 2-3 months between stretching (especially 8G-6G, the difference is huge). Okay, the first thing you will want to consider is taking them down to 8G and waiting for the fistula (the flesh on the inside of your earlobe stretching) to heal.

If you want to try to heal them in their current condition I highly suggest getting some surgical steel plugs (I suggest this if you go down to 8G as well). Acrylic is a porous plastic that can easily harbor bacteria and cause irritation, surgical steel is much easier to clean.
Also, unless the puss is green, its highly unlikely you have an infection. If the puss is white/yellow in color, it is just used up white blood cells leaving the body (as they are trying to heal an open wound).

You NEED to do sea salt Soaks, I suggest 5 minutes twice a day. You can find sea salt in the natural foods or baking aisle in your local grocery store. Be sure to buy NON-IODIZED Sea Salt.... Dissolve 1/8-1/4 Teaspoon of Non-iodized sea salt into 1 cup (8oz) of warm distilled or bottled water. Don't make the mix too strong as it will further irritation.

Let me know how your earlobes feel after following this for 3 days. You are going to want to keep up with this until the fistula is normal flesh color again. After that I suggest Vitamin E oil massages for your earlobes. It will break down scar tissue build up.
Hardware

by Hardware » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:55 am

Also, you should never touch your earlobes while they are healing unless you JUST washed your hands with anti-bacterial hand soap. Touching a fresh stretching, piercing or tattoo with dirty fingers is an easy way to get an infection.
Hardware

Return to General Discussion