Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:21 pm

That might be better anyhow to go w/your friend;it didn't sound like you were to thrilled about the shop you were going to go to anyhow. Do they do triangle piercings? Maybe you could get it done there.

But yeah,it's pretty amazing how you can have a bunch of plugs that are all the exact same size & they can appear to look so different. I was expecting the wood to have smaller flares-on one of King's Body Jewelry'd Youtube videos,he talks about df's,& shows how wood almost always will have much smaller flares.It makes sense-I think they'd get stuck otherwise.I know when I took mine out,it's not that they were hard to get out,but they didn't pop out as easily as my other ones that have much larger flares.But that's one of the reasons I waited to buy anything wood & woudn't wear it when I was at the small sizes.I was thinking about getting the missing puzzle piece Omericas during the sale-I've wanted those for a long time & it'd be cheaper than getting them on Omerica's site down the road,but I really want more glass. I always have the same debate if I should get one item or several less expensive items. Luckily this time,the items I want aren't all that expensive anyway. The linear plugs are a bit higher,but that's why I'm trying to enlist the help of my bf,lol. But I think I'm going to pick up some earskins too-might as well for $12.Less,actually, with the 20%.They're pretty good about stocking Kaos,so you should have your pick of colors.I think I'm going to get clear,but I want a color too.I usually go for more neutral colors w/Kaos,but I was thinking about getting something bright that I normally wouldn't go for,just for something different.
Here's that pic where someone put a larger GG captive through their conch;I think it looks so amazing!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:33 am

Well the place she goes isn't that great either, but there's really nowhere good to go around here anymore. Definitely nowhere that could do a triangle piercing. If I want to go to a great shop I'm gonna have to go to Columbus.
I've always thought those puzzle piece plugs were really cool.
I think if I get earskins I'll get clear, and maybe the teal ones. I had lime in 7/16" and I liked them but they were closer to yellow than green. Sea blue pearl is really pretty too, I had them in 2G and 00G.
That glass CBR looks awesome! What's the smallest gauge they make them in? I might stretch my conch piercings a little even if I don't get them punched. I wish I could put rings in my conches but I can never find them with a wide enough opening to fit in my ear.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:59 pm

I never even thought of that,with the opening on the ring not being big enough for your conch;I guess you'd maybe need a ring opener for the metal ones.I'm not sure what the openings are on the GG captives,but it says the sizes of the little balls on the site,so that'd give you an idea. They start at 6g,for both the more rounded ones & the more flattened bottom ones.It's weird though,there's really not much of a difference in price between the 6g and the 00g,& in the more rounded ones,they're all 39.95 no matter what size.I placed an order last night & decided to get the more rounded ones in 0g Ocean. I'd thought about getting a 00g, but they didn't have any left in the rounded ones in ocean,& it seems that GG sizes their 00g at only 9mm anyway,so I figured I'd just go ahead & get the 0g. The photo of the one through the girl's conch,that's the kind with the more flattened bottom,which I really like for the conch-I think the rounded ones might stick out too far. But since I was getting them to wear through earskins, I figured that the more flattened ones looked more fragile in the area where it's pointed to hold the ball. But I got the clear honeycomb plugs too. I figured I'd wait on the Kaos for the sale since there's alot of them in stock, & there's also this pair I really want http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=9144 .There's alot of them in stock too. But I've been waiting on them to come back in stock;I've been wanting some synthetic turquoise plugs,& I really like how those are concave. I actually like the style of them better than alot of them more expensive synth. turquoise. But other than the clear Kaos,I also was looking at those sea blue pearl ones-I never had that color,& always liked it.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 am

I actually have some ring openers (also got closers but I lost them) but I'm always afraid of warping them too much and not being able to get the bead back in.
I actually wouldn't mind getting some of those GG rings too... they are really cool.
I'm definitely going to get a pair of earskins during the sale, I need some to sleep in. I'm still afraid to sleep with my plugs out, I'm paranoid that my lobes would shrink like three sizes overnight or something, even though it probably wouldn't happen. But my double-flare 12mm plugs are getting loose and the left one is falling out so I definitely need some lighter plugs to sleep in. I'm hoping I'll be able to sleep without jewelry pretty soon and that might help DF plugs not fall out.
Those synthetic turquoise plugs are nice, and very cheap! I'd definitely get those if I were you. I love concave plugs at bigger sizes... they don't look that great below 5/8".
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Yeah,I'm looking forward to getting them-I love GG's ocean color.I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them if you're thinking of getting them. They really are pretty reasonable-39.95 for a GG product is pretty good.But I think I'm going to just get the clear Kaos & get the faux turquoise.I really wanted a bright color in the Kaos too,but I've been waiting on those concave ones to come back in stock for awhile.But I could never sleep in Kaos,they always fall out.Or if they do stay in,which is rare,they'll be folded up like in a heart shape.Maybe the solid ones or traditional eyelets would stay put,but I don't mind wearing steel or glass to sleep.I'm always paranoid about shrinkage too.Although just 2 nights ago,I took out my plugs to shower,like I always do,& must've gotten sidetracked afterwards because I forgot to put anything back in & went all night with my ears 'naked'.The next morning I freaked out,but it wasn't a problem getting my plugs back in. Although the holes appeared all shrunken,but they were fine. But if even 12mm df's are falling out,maybe it's time to size up? Although Kaos sizes their 1/2" a little bigger than 12mm,I think it's 12.7mm.

But I was looking at some of the hanging stuff by Somatic last night-I'd never really paid much attention to their stuff because often times I filter stuff out that isn't in my size & the only thing they have in my size is those Krackens. They're the ones that look like tentacles & have those sucker things.Not really my style,plus they're nearly $300.But I was looking at their stuff last night & it's soooo cool-there's a couple I'd want to wear through earskins. The one I want most actually looks rather dull just in the product photo,but on a person,they're so awesome! They're these http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=9648 . Then the mullosk ones are cool too,like this http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... ctID=11674 -they look like something out of a Tim Burton movie!But I really love those snake ones-they're just sick! But really expensive,& sooo impractical. Maybe down the road if I get some extra money.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by aBn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 pm

so yesterday i HAD to go to the mall which i hate. and i saw hot topic had their body jewelry on sale. its buy one get one for a dollar so i bought some kaos and you can get two pairs for 20 right now. just wanted to let you ladies know incase you wanted to buy some. hot topic sucks but they do have kaos haha. i got some in 9/16 and i was pleasantly suprised how big they look :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by akPhilly » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 am

Yeah,that's the one good thing about Hot Topic. I almost ordered some Kaos off their site a while back,they were having a buy one get one half off sale. But their shipping's kind of high,so it didn't really end up being any savings so I didn't. God,I haven't bought anything at Hot Topic for over 15 yrs. I feel so old saying that :lol: .But either way,there are no Hot Topics here in Philly. They do have Kaos at the piercing shop I go to,but I've never bought it there. But for now,I'm going to stick with BAF or Kaos-they lowered their prices alot for Kaos for some reason. They're only like, $12 now.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 am

Those serpent hangies are so cool. Not really my style but they're such a cool concept. I like the blue striped ones too, the shape is really pretty.
If Hot Topic had buy one get one I'd probably get some Kaos there. But I don't think there's a Hot Topic here either, it's like an hour away and since I have BAF credit I'll just get some with my next order.
I have already sized up to 12.7mm/13mm single flares and still wear the 12mm doubles. They don't fall out unless I mess with them. It's so annoying because my left ear loosens up soooo much faster than my right. I can already wear some 12.7mm double flares stuff in my left ear but can't even come close to getting it in my right ear. I actually might sleep with my left ear naked because I KNOW it won't shrink, and have a plug in my right.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm

With the exception of the Kaos stuff, I rarely see stuff I like on Hot Topic's site.When I did this the 1st time,back in the 90s, Hot Topic didn't even have anything over 00g.At least the one near me didn't.I actually at the time thought that 00g was like, the end of the road & that was it. Even in tattoo magazines I'd rarely see much larger at the time. So when I moved to Philly at 19 & went into places like Infinite,I remember being so amazed at how big some of the piercer's ears were,or at their stretched conches or flats.I don't know why,but for some reason, up til then it just never occurred to me that you could even stretch ear cartilage. I don't know why-I'd known people w/stretched septums. I guess I just never thought of doing your ear cartilage because I just til then hadn't seen it before.

But I'm really thinking I may get those snake ones. I usually don't wear ornate stuff like that. I rarely even wear hanging styles,& when I do,they're usually very simple,like spirals or those gg hoops. But something about those snakes,I just really like them. I have no clue where I'd wear them to & they're very impractical, but I really like them alot.I'd get more wear out of the GG linear plugs,but I don't have anything like those snakes. They're they type of jewelry though that I know I'll definitely get stared at. I don't really care, & I'm not one of those people that's going to wear something borderline outlandish & out of the norm & then bitch when people stare (I hate when people do that!),but I'm just saying. But I have time to think about it,though it's only a little over a week away.Either way though,I still think I'll get the concave ones & earskins.I'd need the earksins if I get the snakes

I got the GG captives today! They look really good-better than I was expecting & than the photo. I love the ocean color & the little balls are very secure,but at the same time not hard to take in or out. But it's good they're secure,since they're alot smaller than my size,they have a tendency to slide around sometimes,but that's ok. I kind of like how they look when the bead's not always at the bottom.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Those rings look amazing!! What size did you get, 2G?
BAF sale is so soon! I actually went ahead and spent a little of my order credit. I got 2 autoclaved labrets, I'm going to try to self-pierce my second lobes (with my sister's help). Everything's going to be sterile so I'm not doing anything dangerous. I'm excited about it, I hope they come out straight/even.
I think during the BAF sale I might just get a pair of earskins and some colorfronts, probably mint or maybe grape.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion