Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Ooh,I like the waffle ones!There was a pair on BAF I really wanted but they were a one-of style & not in my size :( .I really haven't had much luck on the Jewelry Exchange-seems like nothing is ever in my size.It seems like they get alot of stuff in really huge sizes or 0g or smaller.But I check back alot though.I decided to list my GG Vertigo claws on there & see what happens.When I stretched up I said to myself I'd wear them through earskins but I never do.It was hard even considering letting them go,but I just never wear them & they're too pretty to sit in a box.So I'll see what happens.I really want a pair of claws in my size & since I can't have the Vertigo,I want them in a blue or green,but GG only will do clear.But I did message this seller on ebay about making me a pair,so I'm hoping they can.I've never dealt w/this seller before,but they have alot of sales & 100% positive fb.I think they make the plugs themselves because alot of the listings mention custom stuff,or choosing your flare type,& stuff like that.They do all glass stuff,& they do this one style that looks exactly like GG Zoa plugs,& they also have this one that looks kind of like the planet plugs.They also have alot of the plain sf colorfronts,so you might want to check them out http://stores.ebay.com/ThePlugShoppe?_rdc=1 ,they have alot of cool looking stuff.

But I think I may get the honeycombs soon as I decide on the color,& then save the New Earth for the sale.I was wondering,did they ever make all the planets?Like did they ever have just Earth?That'd be cool,& so would some of the other planets. Mercury's a pretty dull little planet & guess they couldn't do Saturn,but Jupiter would be cool,& Neptune & Uranus are really a pretty blue. Although that may be too similar to Pluto.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm

I saw those claws. They're really nice, if I had more money I'd probably get them but I'm broke. Actually I just spent $40 on some sparkly blue dichro plugs from someone but they were discontinued and really pretty so I had to have them... the same girl also listed some mint opalite Mayan flare plugs that I really wanted but I just couldn't spend that much so I let them go to someone else.
That eBay seller does have some pretty stuff! Seems like most of it is really small though. I know what you mean about the planet plugs. I'm pretty sure they used to make Earth ones, they looked awesome at bigger sizes. I guess they must've stopped making them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 am

I know who you mean w/the opalite mayan flares,I saw those. She has alot of nice stuff,but it's mostly 1/2" and 9/16" stuff. She has very little in my size,so I'm thinking she must have maybe just recently went up. I did actually just now see someone list about half a dozen or so 5/8" plugs that were pretty nice. They were pretty cheap too,but I want to wait til that ebay seller messages me back about if they can do claws at my size & how much they'd be. Because in the listing where I saw all the hanging shapes they make it was for 1/2",but it said in the listing they could make any size. They also had these really cool looking spirals that were like kind of oval shaped. At first,it shows just plain spirals in the listing & I was thinking $50 was kind of alot for spirals,but then if you click on the one smaller photo below the big photo,it shows all the different shapes they do http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-13mm-Shapes ... 2ead5dd36c . They do actually have about 2 pages of stuff in your size;they seem to put all the smaller stuff,like 0g & smaller towards the beginning pages & you have to keep going to get to the bigger stuff. I just usually use the store's search engine to filter out everything but whatever size I want.Also I get the impression that if you saw something in another size they could probably make something for you in your size. But at the same time, their prices for the colorfronts don't seem to be all that much cheaper than GWS,but it's good to keep in mind for if there's a color you want,or if you want a certain flare & GWS is out of stock or doesn't have it. Like I want just plain clear glass ones,& BAF is ALWAYS out of them no matter what brand & what flare.

But yeah, the claws I'm selling, so far I haven't gotten any responses for them,but I'll see what happens. I wore them a fair amount when I was at 1/2",& even when I was at 9/16".But hopefully that ebay seller can make me claws in my size-it won't be quite the same,but the main thing is they'd be glass.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 am

Did you ever find out about them doing claws in your size?
They do have some nice colors, I might order from them when I get some money.
I've been wearing my new "merlot" colofronts from GWS, I really like them. I'm thinking about selling my aqua Gorilla Glass colorfronts since I have jade plugs that are a similar color. I need to sell everything I don't see myself wearing much since I really need the money!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:45 pm

No,they never got back to me-I'll have to message them again. Though I may hold off because I still want those honeycomb plugs & I think I may get a pair of GG CBR's to wear through earskins.I may pick up some more earskins too-I think BAF lowered their prices on alot of their colors.I can remember paying around $18-$20 a few months ago,& now all of a sudden it seems like alot of the colors are $12. And they're not discontinued ones or anything like that. And I want to make sure I have a little extra for the next BAF sale. Of course now all of a sudden, I keep seeing all this really nice stuff on the Jewelry Exchange in my size. I noticed that GG stuff seems to sell pretty well on there,so I'm sure someone will buy it. Did you ever find a buyer for your Omericas? I got those ones I ordered, they're really nice-I was really impressed at how the details show. And they're alot lighter in weight than I was expecting. I just have to remember not to get them wet.I usually take my plugs out to shower anyway,but sometimes I forget.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 am

I'll have to check out the earskins. I really need some. I just got some 2G steel CBRs on Jewelry Exchange to wear through earskins... I really like the look of smaller gauge steel/titanium CBRs or circular barbells through earskins. I used to do that a lot at smaller sizes. Gorilla Glass CBRs would be cool, how would the ball work on a glass CBR?
Those Omerica plugs are really pretty. I actually got my new ones today, the same ones I had before but in 1/2". They still look really small but not as tiny as the 7/16" ones. I've had the old ones on hold for a girl for a while, she's going to trade me some Neometal labret ends plus $35 for them. I hope she's ready to do the trade soon, I really need the money! I paid full price for the second pair because I couldn't find anywhere to enter the rep code I had. Oh well...
Today's my birthday and I really wanted to get a piercing. I was going to get a central labret but the shop closes at 10, my boyfriend fell asleep and I don't want to go by myself. :( I hope I can get it done Monday or Tuesday, I would tomorrow but they're closed. It's not the best shop but since they're right by the college I'm sure they do lip piercings every day.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by aBn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:05 am

happy birthday corazon hope u had a good day :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks, it was extremely boring and I'm bummed that I didn't get a piercing but oh well, at least I have wine. :P
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 am

Well, maybe it'll make the beginning of the week a bit easier if you have a piercing to look forward to-I know I always find Mondays a bit hard. And maybe your bf will feel bad for falling asleep & he'll buy you some new jewelry :lol: .I was hinting around to my bf today about the upcoming sale. I want those black/white linear plugs,& if I get the GG CBR's I won't be able to get them. But I really want both,lol. With the GG ones,the way it works with the ball is that the ball is actually made out of rubber. The only thing that concerns me though is if I lose the balls,since it's not like the steel ones where you can just get extra beads wherever.I messaged GG on fb about if you can buy replacement balls,so I'll see what they say.Though I may just get them anyway because I really like them,& then just try to be really careful.They have ones that are more rounded like regular CBR's & then they have ones that are more flattened on the bottom.They're very similar,but I can't decide which to get. Either way,I'll probably get either 0g or 00g in Ocean.There's a customer photo of someone wearing a 2g one through their conch & it looks so pretty-makes me want to go out & get my conch punched.

But I think with the Omericas the reason they might look small is because it seems that wood plugs tend to have much smaller flares than other materials. I guess they'd be too hard to put in if they were larger. Like here,I grabbed just a random assortment of plugs,all in my size,in all different materials,& you can see that the wood ones appear to be smaller
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:40 am

Haha I wish! He's between jobs so unfortunately I won't be getting any gifts. Oh well, I feel awkward getting gifts a lot of the time anyway so it's just as well.
It's cool that they have rubber balls. With the steel ones I just got the balls just pop in and out, the ends of the ring are hollowed out so the bead fits inside. I'm still not sure what to get during the BAF sale... I thought about getting one expensive thing, like a pair of squids or those spirals I was going to get before, but now I'm thinking I might get a couple pairs of colorfronts and one pair of earskins, or maybe a stone pair of plugs and one pair of colorfronts instead of two. I have no idea what colors of earskins, probably just depends on what they have in stock. I wouldn't mind having some jellyfish plugs too but I can't decide what color combination to get.

That's true about the flares. Mine are single-flare though so they could make the front flare as big as they wanted. I thought about getting the flat flare style but I figured I'll be able to wear single-flares right away instead of waiting til I can wear DFs. I can't believe how much smaller those look than your other plugs!

I think instead of getting my labret done at the beginning of the weak I might wait a few days. I'm going to my dad's and one of my friends around there wants her philtrum/medusa done and we might go together. The shop she goes to is $5 cheaper and I wouldn't feel awkward about being the only one being pierced.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion