Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Ooh I think I know the bullet ones you're talking about, those are so cool. Not really my style but still awesome! Anatometal does the greatest things... the whole reason I have piercings and stretched lobes is so I can wear nice, high quality jewelry. If I had to buy cheap crap from Hot Topic and stuff like that I wouldn't even have piercings, haha. I still wear cheap steel and acrylic every now and then but there is just nothing like Anatometal, Gorilla Glass, Omerica, etc. I was looking through BAF forums last night and saw where someone got a curved barbell with a mint green gem on top and a blue opal on the bottom, I would love that for my navel or VCH! And they have opal plugs like these: https://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=&jewelry=plugs&gauge=&flare_type=&length=&brand=Anatometal&price=&material=&button=%C2%BB+Submit+filter+%C2%AB&date=&restock=&new=&orderby=&RecordDisplay=&Filter=Yes&Extras=&Retainer=&Showout=&Threading=&preorders=&pagenumber=2&ProductID=10784&index=2 that I absolutely need. I want the teal opal, dark blue opal, purple opal, and black opal. Haha I don't know why I am just obsessed with jewelry lately! When I get done with school and become a teacher I am going to go crazy buying the stuff I always wanted.

That sucks that you can no longer wear most 1/2" stuff. Maybe I'll stop at 9/16". 5/8" is such a nice size though, especially for stone jewelry which I am really into lately. BAF is having a discount on the 1st and I'm going to get these: https://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=lapis&button=Search&RecordDisplay=&Filter=Yes&ProductID=9176&index=5 and some pretty purple stone hangies.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 pm

I obsessively enter the Anatometal contests too, haha. The sad thing is $100 in Anatometal credit wouldn't go very far! Steel Navel has contests a lot too.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Yeah, gemmed stuff usually isn't what I go for either, but I still always wanted to try a pair of really bling-y gemmed eyelets just for a change. And I'd seen this girl post a pic of herself wearing those bullet ones on BAF's FB page, & I liked them alot more than I thought I would-like I'd seen them on the site before but never really bothered to click on them, but they looked really cool. I've never had anything by Anatometal before-like I said, if I get enough for a pricier brand, I'd probably pick glass stuff. But those opal ones are really pretty, I like how you have so many choices as far as your colors and gems. They're pretty pricey though-the 1" ones were almost $600 a pair! Those stone ones are nice too, I've seen them before on the site. I've been looking at stone alot more lately too-I got these Diablo adventurine eyelets a few weeks ago & I liked them so well I want them in other stones too. Plus now that it seems like I can put in double flares, I've been more interested in stone lately. But BAF is doing a discount thing on the 1st? Is it just for one day, or is there a coupon? I'll have to see if I can get some extra money by then!

But with going up to 5/8" or 9/16", if you really want 5/8", you might end up going to that size anyway. I know for me, I've had that happen where I was caught because I knew it would mean retiring jewelry I really liked, but I think having the size you really want outweighs having to retire some jewelry. Or, if there's certain styles you can't wear in general anymore because maybe they stop at a certain size, on the other hand, there's now alot of styles that will look really great at a larger size.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah I think I'm gonna get a pair of blingy Anatometal eyelets someday... just because everyone needs some blingy jewelry to wear every now and then. :)
You're right, it'll suck that colorfronts stop at 1/2" but then again stone looks SO much better at bigger sizes, and I'm starting to get really into stone. I am really obsessing over those opal plugs from Anatometal, I thought about just buying those and nothing else when they have the discount, but I think I'd rather get a few single-flare glass plugs and maybe some stone.
The discount codes are in their calendar but I usually just get them from people online. The one for the 1st is LOVE2013, and it's for 30% off. :)
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:27 am

Oooh, 30% ? Thanks, I'm definitely going to wait then to get those blue/yellow power plugs then. I was going to order them next week, but I'll wait til the first. They only had a couple in stock, but they don't seem to sell as fast, so I'll keep my eye on them & hopefully they'll still be there. Then if they're not, I'll just order them elsewhere,but I'd like to get them off BAF because I'm getting closer to getting the permanent 10% thing. Then maybe I'll have enough left to get something else-I've been wanting some plain amythest plugs, & they're not that expensive. But I've had times too where I've had a certain amount I can spend that's like, a pretty decent amount, so I'll be caught between getting one really nice pair, or several more affordable pairs. Lately though, I've realized that I'll usually end up wearing the same few pairs most of the time, so I've been going for getting fewer higher priced items that I really, really want. So if you get the opals, are you going to get them in your current size, or bigger? That'd be a tough call, because on one hand it'd suck to retire them, but on the other hand, you want to wear them now because they're so pretty. But I know for me, I once spent more on a pair figuring it'd stop me from going up any more, but of course it didn't.

But I was just taking a look at the different triangle weights like you're waiting on, & they're just so amazing! There were some customer pics for a few of the colors on BAF,& they look really good. I was thinking maybe I'd get them instead of the power plugs, but I think I'm going to stick w/the plugs since I got a hanging style last time. I really like the Serpentina ones, but I think I like the color you're getting better.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah, I love power plugs. I want the orange/aqua ones but 1/2" is a little small for them to really look good. They had a customer photo in them in 1/2" and they were like half orange and half aqua rather than having swirls of color all through them. I am definitely glad I'm getting those weights because you can really see all the colors. The girl I bought them from gave me an amazing deal too, they were only $29 and I think on BAF they're 50-something.
I have the 10% off all future orders thing already and I never use it because I always wait for the bigger discount days. I think I used it once when I needed a navel bar since I lost the ball off mine but that was it. BAF is awesome, I had some acrylic plugs where the color rubbed off in my ears so I emailed them about it (not even asking for a refund, just telling them so they could maybe put a warning on the description) and they refunded me, then bumped my past order total up so I'd get the 10% discount. That's definitely awesome customer service!
I'm not sure what size I'll get the opals in... I think I'll wait to get them so I can get more things for my money. And hopefully by then I'll be sure of what size I'm staying at. Maybe I'll stick with 9/16", but I'm not sure if there's as much of a variety in that size as there is in 5/8".

I just put those 12mm tunnels in and they still look so small, haha. At smaller sizes I felt like my lobes were huge every time I stretched up... I remember when I got to 2G I thought I was done. Now every time I stretch they still look tiny.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 am

I know with me, usually when I'd get to a new size, it'd seem so big, then I'd get used to it & it didn't seem so big. Except when I went to 9/16"-for some reason, I just didn't see as much of a difference with that size, so I figured I'd go up. In the beginning, I swore I'd stop at a 0g, which seemed so big at the time. Now when I look at my old 0g stuff, it just seems so much smaller than I remember.

But I'm hoping those power plugs will look good at my size-I saw the same photos you're talking about w/the orange/aqua ones, but what concerns me more is there's a photo of a guy w/really huge ones where the colors look muted & like blobs. I'm hoping not to get a pair like that & more like how they look in the photo. But that's what's good about the hanging styles, there's plenty of room for the details. If I ever get power hoops I'd get the orange/aqua. But $29 for those weights is a steal-they are like $56. But I'm looking forward to that sale! If your plain tunnels are looking kind of small to you & you want just an inexpensive pair for now, I got this one pair last week that I absolutely love & have been wearing alot lately-they make your holes look HUGE! At least a size or so larger,& they're really smooth and well made for the price. I have my plugs all in a little box & these just look like they're an entirely different size than all the others. http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... ctID=11042
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah it's crazy how small sizes like 2G and 0G look now. I looked at my 2G plugs recently and they look almost like normal earrings.
Those tunnels are really cool! When I looked at the product photo they didn't seem like my style but after seeing the pictures of them in people's ears I really like them. Is the first photo of you? I thought it might be since the person has 5/8" lobes and an industrial, haha. I tried to submit a product photo of something from BAF once and I couldn't figure out how. I probably don't have a good enough camera anyway. I only have a crappy phone to take pictures with.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Yeah, the first one is me. It's funny when I go onto the section that takes you to your account & they have all the photos you've submitted lined up next to each other, those tunnels just seem to dwarf everything else & make my ears look so much bigger. I debated on those tunnels for a long time, they're not what I'd usually go for either, but I finally figured they were so inexpensive & I could always send them back, but they're one of my favorite pairs now because of how big they make my holes look. One of the reviewers said they thought the front part was a bit sharp,but I don't think so at all, & have even slept in them. But I think I remember something about them saying for the photos it can't be a cell phone photo,& it has to be a certain size-I know when I submit mine, I always have to resize the photos before I submit them. But I like how they give you credits for that & also for taking a survey for each order.

But on the 1st for that 30% coupon, did they say it was for one item only or your whole order? I'm hoping it's for your whole order because if so I'll have enough left for this other pair I've really been wanting.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 am

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about them giving credit for uploading photos and reviews! I'm gonna have to at least write some reviews, then. The 30% off is for your whole order, but I think it might not include reeeeally expensive stuff, like I saw these weights that were almost $800 and they said discounts (besides the 10% for frequent customers) couldn't be applied to them.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion