Natural wrinkles or cat butt?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by EmeryValentine » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Hello everyone, I got my ears pierced at an 8g about 1 year and a half ago. I started stretching after the first year, I waited 1 month in between sizes, sometimes longer, and I made it to a 2g. I was trying to go to a 0g after waiting a month, and my right ear looked like it was getting wrinkles or something, it's always been red on the inside I don't know why. I take my time, and I daily massage with e-oil for like 20 minutes 3 times daily.

Anyways, I downsized all the way back to my glass plugs which are 8g(technically 7g is what my piercer says) anyways, I got rid of the wrinkles in the back, but the bottom of the lobe has like a couple of wrinkles, I know I've never blown out my ear, or stretched to fast, because no resistance, pain, bleeding, or blowouts.

So, is my ear just naturally wrinkled when it gets down? should I keep stretching? i've waited a month, my other ear is completely fine on the other hand, it's really circular with no redness, or wrinkles at all.

What should I do? I want to stretch a lot bigger, but those wrinkles make me paranoid like my ear will rip or something. Should I just keep stretching, and not worry? People said you can get natural wrinkles so that's why I am curious. It's not on the outside, just the inside, and you have to really look to tell. But, it's my ear so of course I am my own worst critic.

I asked my girlfriend, she said "Babe.. there is nothing wrong with your ear, at all. Stop being paranoid and just stretch" :/
EmeryValentine

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:44 pm

How long did you leave the 0G in? 2G-0G is a huuuge jump, so it's really better to go to 1G (in my opinion it's absolutely necessary). And a month isn't long enough to wait, you should wait at least six weeks, but the longer the better... just wait until you can put the next size in without pain or resistance even if it takes a few months.
If you left the 0G in for any length of time it could be cat butt, which is scar tissue. It doesn't mean your ears will rip or anything but it will be harder to stretch. I have scar tissue in my right ear from cutting it on a steel tunnel at 0G and it's been very stubborn ever since. I've been waiting about three months to go to 7/16" from 10mm and I still can't. But I'm kind of lazy about oil massages which might be why.
Do you have a picture? It might help us tell you what it is.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by EmeryValentine » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:47 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:How long did you leave the 0G in? 2G-0G is a huuuge jump, so it's really better to go to 1G (in my opinion it's absolutely necessary). And a month isn't long enough to wait, you should wait at least six weeks, but the longer the better... just wait until you can put the next size in without pain or resistance even if it takes a few months.
If you left the 0G in for any length of time it could be cat butt, which is scar tissue. It doesn't mean your ears will rip or anything but it will be harder to stretch. I have scar tissue in my right ear from cutting it on a steel tunnel at 0G and it's been very stubborn ever since. I've been waiting about three months to go to 7/16" from 10mm and I still can't. But I'm kind of lazy about oil massages which might be why.
Do you have a picture? It might help us tell you what it is.

I tried to take a picture, but I can't do it, because the quality is horrible it just looks like a normal lobe. I had my mother look and tell me, she said there is no wrinkles in my ear, it looked healthy. I can put a 6g taper in fine if I really wanted to, because my plugs will fall through my ear without the o rings, and there is a gap in both ears.

So, I am not sure if it's just me, but I can see like 2 tiny wrinkles in there, I just don't want it to be a cats butt, although I've seen people that took their time, and they still have these tiny wrinkles, anyways.

I never had a 0g plug actually in, I'd get like halfway through the taper, and my ear would start to swell up, so I never pushed it all the way through, but thank you. I will try to pick up some 1g's I didn't even know they had them, that would help a lot I generally don't use tapers, I just wait till my ear is big enough to fit the plug in after a hot shower.
EmeryValentine

by deviantxy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:21 am

As long as they are not red, sore or angry looking its probably just wrinkles. I have them all the way around in both my ears but they are 100% healthy just wrinkly. Cat butt is not just wrinkles its swollen angry red wrinkles.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by EmeryValentine » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 am

deviantxy wrote:As long as they are not red, sore or angry looking its probably just wrinkles. I have them all the way around in both my ears but they are 100% healthy just wrinkly. Cat butt is not just wrinkles its swollen angry red wrinkles.

Oh yeah, absolutely. There is no swollen, or angry red lobes. I mean the inside has always been red since it's been pierced, but it's not sore, or like really really red.
EmeryValentine

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety