What's a conch piercing like,& healing time?

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by akPhilly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:40 am

I've been wanting to get a conch piercing for awhile now.I'm seriously considering doing it in a few weeks (budget's a bit tight this month,otherwise I'd do it now),but I've recently decided I want it done to both ears.Just regularly,not a punch.Would it be a really bad idea to get both done together?Because when I got an industrial piercing,I'd originally intended to get both ears.But at the time I was only 19,& couldn't afford to get both at the same time,so just got one(never got around to doing the other,& it's been 12 yrs).And I can remember that night & the first little while that it was probably a good thing I couldn't afford to get both done together because no way would I have been able to take that amount of soreness.I couldn't sleep on that side for a long time.So that being said,how does the soreness of a conch piercing compare to an industrial piercing?Because I really would like to get both done together.Not just because I want it that way,but I know when I'm at the piercing place,I'm more likely to just suck it up,because it's like,I'm already there,so might as well.Because if it's anything like an industrial,I'd be likely to get the one,then never getting around to the other-I'd still like to get one on the other side,but I've been putting it off for 12 yrs because I'm too chicken shit :lol: .So that's why I don't want to wait.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:56 pm

I have both of mine pierced. I had them done at different times (about two years apart) but they have both been very well-behaved and I don't think it would've been a big deal to heal two at the same time.
I'm not a good person to ask about healing times because I am a slooooow healer, especially when it comes to cartilage. My double helix is three and a half years old and not fully healed (probably from sleeping on it too much but still). But I have had a way easier time with my conch piercings than my double helix, I can sleep on both of them without pain and they're tucked away so they don't get knocked as easily. I'd say my right one took about 2 1/2 years to heal and my left seems healed after a little over a year (probably because when I got it I was more experienced with piercings and knew to just leave it alone so it healed faster).

As far as the actual piercing, neither were that painful for me but the left was definitely worse than the right (my left side is ALWAYS worse for piercings, and my piercer said most people say the same thing). The right one was probably about the same as my right nostril, which barely hurt at all and just felt like a pinch. The left was more of a sharp pain and felt more like a needle going through my ear, but was still not bad.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

That's what I was hoping to hear;I figured since they're only making one straight hole that it wouldn't be as bad.I don't know if it's because an industrial's on an angle,or if it's more so because it's two holes,or what,but I thought by far it was the most painful piercing.For some reason,at the time everyone kept telling me that the septum was one of the most painful piercings,& I didn't think the septum was bad at all.So going into it,I thought,'Oh,this will be nothing,it's just my ear'.Wrong!I have a pretty high threshold for pain,but I thought it was brutal.But it's on the left-maybe my right wouldn't hurt as bad.And I was kind of thinking along the same lines,that since it's sort of in your ear,it's tucked out of the way.But I hope to have a little extra for it next month,I'm excited to get them :D And the piercing place I go to gives you a deal if you get more than one piercing in one visit-not sure what they charge for a conch,I'll have to check their site,but I can't see it being any more than like,maybe $100 for both,plus tip.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 am

Yeah, industrials seem very painful. My double helix was awful, probably because I went to a crappy studio (before I found my current piercer) and the guy was really rough with it. It bled for three days straight and I looked like I'd been shot, haha. My conch piercings were nothing compared to that. Most people seem to say that conch piercings are the least painful cartilage.

My septum wasn't bad either. I think most people who say their septum piercing hurt a lot had them done wrong, honestly (like if they were pierced through cartilage).

That's good that you get a discount. I think my conch piercings were $40 each.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Other Piercings