4g stretch won't heal properly

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Smoottie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi.
So, some months ago, I stretched my right earlobe to 4g. I didn't have any problems with the stretching itself, however there was an episode a few days later were I noticed a bit of blood on the back of my ear. I had been at a party and it might've gotten stuck in my hair or something, and thinking of taking care of piercings isn't always the number 1 priority when you're drunk...

Anyway, it's been almost 3 months now and it still isn't healed properly. Before, it would heal in 1-2 months, and I know that bigger sizes take longer to heal, but it's been 3 months? It's still a bit red and closes up really fast when I take my jewellery out for cleaning. Other than that, I don't have any problems with it, it doesn't hurt or anything, and even though it shrinks up I can still put my plug in with no problem at all. It just doesn't seem to be healed completely, even after so long...
I take my jewellery out every time I shower and I massage my lobes with Holey Butt'r.
Any advice on what else I can do to make sure it heals properly?
Smoottie

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:44 pm

What are you doing for cleaning? Sometimes overcleaning can really irritate a piercing. Also, doing do any massages until it's fully healed, because the rubbing can also cause irritation. If I were you I would downsize to 6G just to take the pressure off of it for a while.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Smoottie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm

I just clean then (very gently) with water in the shower and then I clean the jewellery with hot water as well, occasionally with a mild soap if needed.
And when I say massaging, I don't mean rubbing them hard, I just, again very gently, apply the holey butt'r and make sure that there isn't any dry areas. I basically just moisturise them a bit :)

Not sure what you mean by pressure, it's not like they're tight around the jewellery, there's no problem putting it in or wearing it or anything like that. The hole just shrinks up quite fast when I take the plug out..
Smoottie

by aBn » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Take a break from the oil massages till they are fully healed and try doing sea salt soaks 2-3 times a day and leave them alone for a couple weeks and see if that helps :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by Smoottie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm

I'll give it a try, and if that doesn't help, I'll downsize. Thanks :)
Smoottie

by Darkcoop » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:06 pm

i just stretched from 2-0 with taper and 6 days later my ears are great. make sure you are wearing either stainless or glass and chill with the cleaning and taking them out. keep the holes as dry as possible and dont play with them. let your body do its natural thing. at the very most gently clean your ears with soap once a day, dry them well and keep your lobes moisturized. palmers cocoa butter with vit e works wonders for me. black o-rings irritate some people. at 4g your ears will snap back some but the elasticity is still there. if all else fails go naked.
Darkcoop

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety