Bleeding

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by caralhogrande » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:08 am

I visited a very reputable area to stretch my ears. I am looking to stretch my ears to a 2G and I have scars where my previous piercing was. The piercer stated that during the process of having a onset 2G piercing, there will be bleeding. Is this typical? If not, should I begin at a smaller gauge? If bleeding is typical, how long does it typically last?
caralhogrande

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Are you talking about having an initial piercing done at 2G? It would probably be a 4G piercing that they immediately stretch to 2G. If that's what they're talking about, yes, bleeding is normal. I bled a lot even with my 10G piercings. If they're talking about stretching you all the way to 2G from a normal piercing, don't do it! Bleeding is never okay when stretching.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by caralhogrande » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes, the piercer said that they would pierce at a 4G and immediately stretch to a 2G. Should I do this or stay at a 4G and take the slow, steady steps? Also, I don't have a normal piercing, I have fresh ears, with scars unfortunately haha.
caralhogrande

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Getting pierced and immediately stretched one size is fine so if you're sure you wanna start that big then go for it! Just make sure you wait at least six months after the piercing/stretch to do your first stretch, and get some 1G jewelry in between 2G and 0G.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by caralhogrande » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Thank your all your help! Just one more question, is bad that I have scars?
caralhogrande

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:26 pm

It shouldn't make too much of a difference unless the scars are really bad. Once your piercings heal you can do oil massages to help reduce the amount of scar tissue you have.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by caralhogrande » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 am

I was wondering, is it a stupid to start at a 2G?
caralhogrande

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 am

I don't think so. The only thing is, if you decide you don't want them anymore they might not ever shrink below a 2G since you started at that size. But no matter what size you stretch to there's always a chance they won't shrink. So really it just depends on what you want. If you want to start at 2G, go for it!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by caralhogrande » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 am

Really? No shrinking? Is 2G the point of no return?? Either way, I know that I want my ears stretched haha. Thank you for all your help!
caralhogrande

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Well the "point of no return" is different for everyone... for one person it might be 6G or smaller while for another person it could be 5/8" or even bigger. But usually if you have your ears pierced at a larger size they're not likely to shrink below the size they were pierced at. Like I had 10G piercings so I wouldn't expect my lobes to shrink below 10G if I ever took them out. But there's never any guarantee they'll shrink at all.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to New To Stretching