Questions and Accutane

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by McLlama » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 am

Hi, I'm new and I've been thinking about stretching my ears for a while now, I just need some help with a few things.
I've just finished some Acne medication called Accutane (or Isotretinoin, It slows down the healing process and drys out ones skin, as the main side effects, just wondering if it would be safe to stretch now as I got both my ears pierced during the medication and they were fine with no complications and I have been off it almost three weeks and the dry skin has gone away.

Another questions, what way would be best to convince my parents to let me get stretchers?

Any advice welcome, Thanks. :)
Have: 8g Lobes, 18g upper left cartilage and 16g left lip piercing
Want: Tongue frenulum piercing, Nose
McLlama

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:06 am

Well, if it's done correctly stretching won't cause any open wounds that need to heal like a piercing. It's more about allowing your skin to loosen up between sizes, not exactly "heal." The dry skin shouldn't be an issue if you keep your ears moisturized, use an oil like vitamin E, jojoba, or emu to massage your ears once a day (after the piercings are healed, of course). Another thing I'll add is that you need to make sure your ears have been pierced for at least six months before you do your first stretch.

As for your parents, I can't help much there... I have long hair and my parents don't even know; I really hate drawing attention to myself so I've just never brought it up. But I'm 21 and didn't get any piercings until I was 18 so it didn't really matter if they "let" me. Just talk to them in a mature, calm way and explain that you know how to do it safely and it's just something you want to do. If you're well-behaved and responsible it shouldn't be much of a problem... parents tend to see piercings and tattoos as something associated with rebelliousness but if you don't fit into that stereotype they might reconsider. If they disapprove it's best to just wait until you're 18, or no longer living in their house.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by McLlama » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:29 am

Okay thank you! The dry skin has basically gone so it doesnt matter so much about that. :) My ears have been pierced that long or longer.

I am 18, but I havent asked since I went off acutane, since that was their main concern, to do with the healing process, dry skin, etc.
McLlama

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 am

Ah, that's good. With stretching you always want to wait until you can put the next size in without pain or forcing it and there should never be any bleeding or open wounds. Most people need to leave about 6-8+ weeks between each size. Good luck, and if you have any other questions about stretching let us know. :) There are a lot of helpful people on here.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by McLlama » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 am

Thank you so much. :)
McLlama

Return to New To Stretching