Anyone used Snap plugs?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by newbie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:30 am

wondering if anyone here has used the snap plug system for stretching. I pierced at a 4ga in feb and am now gonna try to use the snap plugs to stretch up to a 2 because it seems alot more gradual and the few reviews i read said they were really simple and painless and stretched in smaller steps.

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 am

The idea of snap plugs is great to me but the only thing I'm concerned about is the material. I've heard that what they're made out of shouldn't be in contact with skin for more than 30 days. If they made them in steel or titanium I'd definitely use them!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by newbie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:33 am

you are only suppose to use them for 30days each. They are disposable.

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 am

I think it's just that the material itself shouldn't be in your ears for more than 30 days, not necessarily the same pair of plugs. So unless you're stretching fairly quickly and getting a pair of plugs in a safe material when you get to the actual sizes, they're going to be in your ears for way longer than 30 days.

Also, I think anyone using these should stop at each size for several weeks rather than stretching continuously every 10-30 days. Snap Plugs are kind of like the taping method, but not quite as gradual.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I checked them out! Really sounds like a fantastic way to stretch. Im considering buying them. Whats wrong with the material they are made out of? They say on their web page they can even be audoclaved. Seems pretty good to be. If they can be autoclaved they are not disposable you can keep them! I might go for it!!
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Someone on another forum told me it's not really meant to be in contact with skin for more than 30 days. But I'm not sure if that means the same pair of plugs or the material in general.

Here's some info about it: http://www.bayermaterialsciencenafta.co ... 26&o_num=4 (thanks bradykay90 for the link!) The one at the bottom of the page is the number they use. It does say it has medical uses but that could mean anything, kind of like "surgical steel" could mean it's just used for tools and things that don't stay in your body. I'd like to find out what exactly it's used for but there's not a lot of info out there.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by newbie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:40 pm

thanks for that link and all the replies...ya it did say medical and it's steam cleanable up to 121degC so hopefully it will be ok. i'm not sure but im thinking its only 2steps for me to get to a 2ga....still kinda leary of getting past the whole "point of no return".

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 pm

I just posted about them on another forum and found out it's 90 days that they can be in contact with skin, not 30. Maybe even longer since stretches aren't open wounds. So while I'd still recommend putting in a material like glass, steel, or titanium when you get to each size I'd say they're pretty safe.

I actually just ordered the 0G-1/2" set. :P I wish you could get individual sizes because I won't be using half of them, but oh well.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by newbie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:I just posted about them on another forum and found out it's 90 days that they can be in contact with skin, not 30. Maybe even longer since stretches aren't open wounds. So while I'd still recommend putting in a material like glass, steel, or titanium when you get to each size I'd say they're pretty safe.

I actually just ordered the 0G-1/2" set. :P I wish you could get individual sizes because I won't be using half of them, but oh well.

ya thats what I said cause I only wanted to go to 2ga..and I know how i am..if they are here im more likely to go on and go to a 0

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Haha, yeah. My original goal size was 2G. :P
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to New To Stretching