Scaffold

Lip Piercing, Belly Piercing, Nose Piercing, Tongue Piercings and more.. (Non Ear Stretching)

by Archtua » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Just got a scaffold piercing today and I forget to ask my peircer how long I have to leave it before actually taking it out, or should I just leave it in until I got back and see him for a check up in 3 weeks??
Archtua

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Do you mean you want to take the piercing out to retire it? Or are you talking about changing the jewelry? If you don't want the piercing anymore you can take it out at any time. If you want to change the jewelry you're looking at at least a year (unless the jewelry is too long or short and causing problems with healing). Scaffolds and other cartilage piercings can take a year, two years, or even longer to fully heal.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Archtua » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, for changing the jewelry, and a lot of the time with other piercings I took them out to shower and then put them back in. Another silly questions but would it effect the healing process if i got shampoo around it while watching hair? haha taking all precautions.
Archtua

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh okay, I understand now. With a scaffold you'll want to just leave it alone as much as possible. Taking it out to shower or clean it would just irritate it, and so would changing the jewelry.
Getting shampoo on a piercing usually won't hurt anything since it's rinsed off right after. Just make sure you rinse thoroughly. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Other Piercings