Just kinda worried

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Helena97 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 am

Oh my god, just because you guys haven't worn acrylic in your ear for longer than a day or something doesn't mean it's bad. Now I don't know gauge sizes I go by "mm" and I had both my ears pierced for 8 years before I started stretching the left one. I mean I've waited 3/4 weeks sometimes longer between each stretch and I'm now on a 11mm. I hardly ever wear tunnels or plugs and since I started stretching I've slept in all my acrylic tapers and my ear is fine, it's not infected, I've had no blow out or rip. the only thing that has gone wrong is when I tried to put my 8mm back in after my p.e lesson, it had sized down and I put it in without any lubricant which ripped it slightly but it healed after two days and since then my ear has been fine. Now I've seen his ear and I've been telling him that everything he is doing is fine. He just needs to slow down with his stretching slightly but to me when he took his taper out his ear looked healthy and nearly healed. Just slightly red. Now I just liked to point out both of you are wrong with what you're saying and the other one can't even fucking spell properly. Now stop scaring him with all your bullshit, he's fine with acrylic because I was and also he heals quickly.
Helena97

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 pm

yes Im sure he like so many others ( with messed up ears ) also believes he is Wolverine and can probably heal a gun shot wound in 1 day cause he is such a " fast healer " . Im sorry to sound rude , But why do people come here and ask for help when they dont wanna hear the answers and just wanna argue? - if you already know everything then why did you post the question in the first place ? ..... an another thing I hate reading topics about someones ear problem then see them over and over again try to justify how the problem has " nothing " to do with how they have stretched ugh !

" he's fine with acrylic because I was "

thats a really nieve statement . Im sure lots of people have done stupid or risky things and been ok ... but that does NOT mean its the safe way or the right way and it does not guarantee that anyone else will be as lucky

I personally dont have a problem with acrylic I wear it pretty much daily but that doesnt mean that its the safest thing to use ...so I wouldnt not try and talk someone else into using it just because Ive been ok ... the people offering their advice here ( including myself ) give the best advice we know for the safest and least risky methoods of stretching
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Helena97 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:24 pm

That picture is irrelevant, he hasn't had any blowouts like i stated. His ear is fine, now stop trying to get all cocky with me. I know so many people who stretch with acrylic and wear them 24/7 and hardly ever wear tunnels and have been fine. I've even seen friends of mine dead stretch with tunnels by 2mm and they've had no blowout or anything. And he can actually real really fast plus he is taking care of his ear and cleaning his taper daily. Fair enough he probably shouldn't of posted this because he knows I can answer anything he needs to know. But all of you are just stating your own opinion saying what he shouldn't do an how he should start stretching all over again. Just shhh and stop commenting now. And another thing acrylic is so much comfier to stretch with and wear rather than the metal tapers.
Helena97

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Okay, there's really no need to call it "bullshit." We wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.
On this forum, we see so much of "But I did that and my ears are fine!" but that really means nothing. Just because you wore acrylic and all your friends wore acrylic and nothing bad happened doesn't mean acrylic is great for stretches. Some people might not have problems with it but others will. Acrylic is a very porous material and if worn long enough it can actually release toxins into the body. Tapers are long and awkwardly shaped and can get knocked easily, which can cause a blowout even days after a stretch. It has happened to people, even if it hasn't happened to you. Don't you think it's better not to risk it?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Dowa2bp » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:13 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Okay, there's really no need to call it "bullshit." We wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.
On this forum, we see so much of "But I did that and my ears are fine!" but that really means nothing. Just because you wore acrylic and all your friends wore acrylic and nothing bad happened doesn't mean acrylic is great for stretches. Some people might not have problems with it but others will. Acrylic is a very porous material and if worn long enough it can actually release toxins into the body. Tapers are long and awkwardly shaped and can get knocked easily, which can cause a blowout even days after a stretch. It has happened to people, even if it hasn't happened to you. Don't you think it's better not to risk it?

^^ Agreed ^^
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Dowa2bp wrote:
corazon_de_oro wrote:Okay, there's really no need to call it "bullshit." We wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

^^ Agreed ^^

Yea no shut ^agreed^
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Previous

Return to New To Stretching