Advice on thinning lobes?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by apollo726 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:14 am

Been browsing this Forum for a few days and decided to register, most everyone seems very knowledgable and helpful. So I decided to bring my ??? here. In a nutshell was pierced with a 10g needle at a piercing shop about 10 years ago. Decided to start stretching and had a professional stretch my ears to 6g which I wore for about 2.5 months. Stretched to 4g and stayed there for about 1.5 months. 2g for about a month. I have had pretty decent stretches and no bleeding, tears or blowouts. However 7 days ago I stretched to 0g (goal 00 (for now)), it went fairly smooth and i've just started to remove/massage w/oil. The piercer worked with the holes I already had in place, which may have been low on my lobes since at the time I had no intention of stretching. I'm either tripping orrrr i've noticed that my bottom portion of lobe is not as thick as I would like. Will it make it to 00g? After I hit my goal and they've healed can I begin to leave them out at night along with vit E massages (which i've currently started with this new stretch)? for some reason i'm soo paranoid that the lobe will just split and i'll die after all the time i've put into this. Or is that just how the lobe should look? Any help, advice or more so opinion would be great.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x42 ... /photo.jpg
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x42 ... photo1.jpg
apollo726

by Dowa2bp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:38 am

Hmm I Think You'll Be Fine As Long As You Keep Up The Messages :D

Though I Heard People With Attached Ear Lobes Usually Come Across That And Other Problems? Idk Much About This Problem I'd Like To Hear From Someone Else ^_^
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by apollo726 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 am

Hey Thanks! I never even realized my lobes were attached.. ::opens a new window, google stretching "attached earlobes":: :D
apollo726

by ViolentJayne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:09 am

I think they look ok the second photo the ear does look a tiny bit thinner but it could be the angle of the photo .

the only thing I know to thicken is to either downsize or go naked for a few hours a day ( but it sounds like you probably waited a decent amount of time between stretches -you could have took it a bit slower but nothing that made me cringe reading your story ..) one question - how long did you wait after you got it pierced ? 10 years ? is what I think you mean so that was good .. but you probably shouldnt have started with a six ( after 10 years your ears had losened probably to a 10 or an 8 which is where Id have started . a 6 ga was pushing it and ideally you should never skip any size even if your ears are lose ...

I think your best bet is going naked for a few hours a day slowly increasing the time till you can sleep naked ... and the more time you wait to stretch up the better things will be --since you are worried Id wait like 3 or 4 months to do the next stretch - give those lobes plenty of time to replace collagen

down sizing to a smaller size could help to and of course do oil massage

also you should go to 1 ga in between 2 and 0 - it will make the jump so much easier
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by apollo726 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 am

Thanx Jayne. Yeah at the time I went to a 6g I was somewhat clueless about stretching, so I figured WTH! It wasn't a pretty process, had a bit of swelling/crusties. He had put SS single flare tunnels in but my ear was pissed and I would wake up with the flare pressed in-between my lobes. After that I started to do more research and learned for the most part patience is key. It's a pain in the A sometime but it pays to wait. I've thought to downsize it back to a 2 for a bit. But funny u mention because the 2nd pic is the lobe im concerned with. The OP mentioned attached earlobes and I'm curious if that has any bearing on the situation? I'll wait a decent amount of time and keep up oil massages and leave them out for a few hours a day. All the while those damn 00g tunnels and taper are gonna sit there and nag me.. I guess that's the test of "listening to your body".. I can just hear my lobes in the backround going no no no.. lol!
apollo726

by KAISERROLLS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 am

I think you have it now, attached lobes are nothing to worry about a lot of people have them and a lot of people also stretch them, Jayne is right like always :) just keep up the oil massages and downsize especially if your planning on going to a big size. Also for future reference just because you do have attached lobes get it as close you your face as you can, but not super close otherwise you'll end up with super uneven thicknesses, Ive watched 2 friends both with attached lobes make there ears look funny because of there placement, but honestly yours is nearly perfect.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by apollo726 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:23 am

Thanks Rolls! yeah i'll downsize back to 2g for awhile longer to let em thicken up.. I've heard it mentioned before if i'm gonna keep the gauge i'm at why not make it as nice as possible. I read about a lot of people stretching to these huge sizes after a month or two and it amazes me that they still have ears left. I'm looking for work and if by chance i have to take them out I want my lobes to look as nice as possible if I choose not to wear fleshies.. Thanks again for the opinion I feel a bit better bout all this :)
apollo726

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety