Is this a bad thing?

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by Benzo420 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:11 pm

I originally had 12g tapers in. I decided to go to a 10g about a week after, which is today. Is it bad that the 10g slid right in with no pain?
Benzo420

by bradykay90 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 am

No its not a bad sign everybodys body heals different i went from a 14g to a 2g in 40 days without any problem. Just dnt rush it to fast i waited about 1.5-2 weeks in between stretche. However i also stop if i feel some pressure while stretching the keep going when it goes away.
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by sh4ky » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:56 pm

6 stretches in less than 6 weeks does not equat to 1.5-2 weeks between stretches. Unless you skipped sizes too! And you say you didn't rush it?!! Considering the majority of sensible advice anywhere you care to look regarding stretching says to wait between 4-6weeks at a minimum between stretches, how can you honestly say you didn't rush? And yes it's easy to say everybody heals different and you don't have a problem YET, (I'd say more through just dumb luck than any good fortune) but perpetuating the myth that you can stretch your ears every few days is just asking for more damaged lobes and blowouts. Please be considerate of the fact that, if what you say is true about your lobes, you are very much in the minority when it comes to stretching.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by bradykay90 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 pm

sh4ky wrote:6 stretches in less than 6 weeks does not equat to 1.5-2 weeks between stretches. Unless you skipped sizes too! And you say you didn't rush it?!! Considering the majority of sensible advice anywhere you care to look regarding stretching says to wait between 4-6weeks at a minimum between stretches, how can you honestly say you didn't rush? And yes it's easy to say everybody heals different and you don't have a problem YET, (I'd say more through just dumb luck than any good fortune) but perpetuating the myth that you can stretch your ears every few days is just asking for more damaged lobes and blowouts. Please be considerate of the fact that, if what you say is true about your lobes, you are very much in the minority when it comes to stretching.

Im not saying i rushed it im telling him not to rush it. And i started waiting a week anda half when i got to a 6g. And im not going to stretch anymore after a 00g "10mm" im at a 0g now and i plan on waiting about 2 weeks and start taping
bradykay90

by sh4ky » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:13 pm

So you now admit before 6g you didn't even wait the 'week anda half' you stated?! You do realise that percentagewise, the increase from 12g to 10g is the same size increase as from 6g to 4g and even the well known difficult 2g to 0g stretch. Point is every stretch should be treated as important as the next. Another overlooked issue your advice doesnt respect is the fact that the small stretches are just as important to get right as the bigger ones, even moreso. And your statement 'Just dnt rush it to fast I waited about 1.5-2 weeks between stretche'(s), reads to me as if you believe you didnt rush! And as I have already stated, just pick any knowledgable website and see how long they recommend you wait between stretches. Or, better still, why don't you read some of the opinions of the more experienced stretched people on here (and don't think I'm including myself in that here)?

And remember, you only have one set of lobes, they are yours for your whole life so plenty of time to stretch and get it right, you don't have to be at 00g just days after you start!

Piercings:
Right lobe- 0g
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by bradykay90 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I kno that and im not afriad to say it was stupid of me to stretch that fast but like u said there my lobes. But i can always downsize when i get to 00g if i want to gi back to a smaller size
bradykay90

by bradykay90 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Also y does it matter if i stretched fast when i never had a blow out i had 1 infection that was my left lobe from 10g-8g stretch i downsize back to a 12g then stretched it back u to a 8g like 3 weeks after. And had no problem ever since
bradykay90

by sh4ky » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Why does it matter? Because, if your lobes are problem free, as you say they are, you would be in the absolutely minuscule dead lucky minority , having no damage considering how fast they were stretched. Now what i take issue with is you giving advice based on your experience, considering it has some major flaws, and is bound to cause further injuries people

Piercings:
Right lobe- 0g
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by ViolentJayne » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:07 pm

bradykay90 wrote:Also y does it matter if i stretched fast when i never had a blow out i had 1 infection that was my left lobe from 10g-8g stretch i downsize back to a 12g then stretched it back u to a 8g like 3 weeks after. And had no problem ever since

If you had an infection then you must have had some kind of blow out or rip, your ear would not have gotten infected if there wasnt an area of open skin .

also Ive said it before but its true .. i have a close friend that stretched fast to 00 I think she did it in 3 huge stretches in just a few weeks ... and When we met her ears looked awesome ! BUT just about 4 years down the line her lobes had gotten so thin ... even at 00 your lobes can thin out ! she ended up downsizing to a 2 ga for several months and it helped a bit .. but her lobes do not look anywhere near as pretty as they did 4 or 5 years ago

my point is thinning doesnt show up instantly it creeps up on you a few years down the line ( when you least expect to have trouble )

rushing can get you big lobes for a few years then you will most likely have to retire them once the thinning catches up ... but taking your time and going in slow small stretches can give you big beautiful lobes for life

why risk it ?

its not a race .
they are your lobes and you will have them your whole life , there is plenty of time to stretch up .. go slow and enjoy each size , enjoy the journey .. and your lobes will thank you in the future .....
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:45 am

I will probley take them out in a year or 2 anyways. But thanks for that tip. Even if they start to thin ill let them down size back to an 8g if theyll go back that far and restretch the right way
bradykay90

Next

Return to General Discussion