People calling stretched ears "gauges".

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by maridalis » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 am

Honestly, it's my pet peeve. I have a lot of friends who out of the nowhere decided to start "gauging" their ears, so they go to the mall to buy some "gauges". I don't say anything because I don't want to seem like those uptight people who think they know everything. :roll: But at the same time it bothers me. What do you guys think?
maridalis

by professorkittens11 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:01 pm

It's also one of my pet peeves when people say that. A gauge is a size or a measurement. They should say "I'm going to start stretching my ears."
professorkittens11

by KAISERROLLS » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 pm

I agree it annoys me also, but i think that it does not need to be pointed out whenever someone makes the mistake as stated earlier.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by deviantxy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:59 pm

My own brother refuses to say he stretches his ears they are gauged and his jewelry is gauges not tunnels or plugs. He also believes its ok for him to stretch weekly and its normal to hurt like a mofo when he does. The most he does with them is wipe the holes out with a paper towel every few days. They smell and look like cats ass I have given up trying to correct him. An 18yo sister can't control what her 25yo brother does. I'm just glad hes stopping at 2g.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by AceWitThaLobes » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:11 pm

professorkittens11 wrote:It's also one of my pet peeves when people say that. A gauge is a size or a measurement. They should say "I'm going to start stretching my ears."

man this really grinds my gears... cuz they sound ignorant as hell when they talk about it. its like...u can tell they dont know what they are doing/talking about as soon as that comes out of their mouth. People always ask me "what size are ur gauges?" and i repeat to them "what size are my sizes? thats a silly question.. -and define gauge for them-" if they dont like it they can walk off any time during the speech.. :mrgreen: :geek:
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

Return to General Discussion