healthier lobes after old blowouts?

Share your ear stretching experiences.
Forum rules
NO SPAM

by AceWitThaLobes » Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 am

well heres the deal. Ive been stretching for 6 years and im currently 1". along the way ive had 2 blowouts in my right ear and one in the left. Ive never done what ur supposed to do, which is downsize. i just let it heal on its own...now ive got tiny flaps of skin out the back of the hole. Ive got small ears/lobes anyway so i kinda feel like it adds to the surface area on the plug so i dont loose them? and when the jewelry is in, u cant see them at all. Ive never had the desire to have the jewelry out in public, and i knew when i started this was a life sentence for the lobes...so i dont really care abt them not being super nice looking. but i wonder how can i make my lobes healther? ive started using vit-e oil and shea butter on them 3-4 times daily. i wash then daily with plain body soap and water. is there anything else i can do? oh btw the last blow out was like a month ago.. (shame on me i know)
AceWitThaLobes

by mouse2cat » Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Regardless, whether or not blowouts bother you. Anyone with stretched ears is liable to make a snap judgement of you as impatient or ignorant.

As far as ear health. Make sure to massage them regularly and keep them clean. It may not be too late to minimize some of the damage if you work at it and are willing to leave your earrings out for a long while.

Also having blowouts may limit the range of jewelry you can wear if the wearable area is too short.
mouse2cat

by AceWitThaLobes » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:22 am

mouse2cat wrote:Regardless, whether or not blowouts bother you. Anyone with stretched ears is liable to make a snap judgement of you as impatient or ignorant.

i dont care what ppl think of me or how i did it. I have my own very personal reasons for stretching the way i do. so label me as a jack ass or whatever..my ears are perfectly fine and the skin is actually just a cosmetic issue as i have no plans to stretch anymore. in fact, sense this post was 1st put up i can see some improvement in the appearance of my lobes already, the blow out is turning back inside :) but thanks anyways!
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by mouse2cat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:36 am

I'm sorry if I came across as harsh or judgmental. I am an artist and the aesthetics of stretching is the whole reason I am doing this. But I realize you are different and may have different reasons for stretching.

The title of your post "healthier ears after old blowouts" lead me to believe you are implying that blowouts can be a roundabout good thing, which is an idea I disagree with.

Can your blown out ears heal that way leaving you with results that are healthy, healed, but cosmetically problematic I suppose so.
mouse2cat

by AceWitThaLobes » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:53 pm

no i know its not good at all. but i feel like its probably too late to go back and fix it at this point. I just dont want it to get any worse than it is. Cuz i wear jewelry all the time no one can tell, plus my ears are tiny so seeing it from the back is almost impossible without invading my personal space lol. So i dont mind imperfection at all. besides im pretty sure theres not alot i can do abt it other than keep it from gettin worse. I read something on the internet about if u use cartian products like shea butter, vit-e, emu oil ect. and massage ur lobes turning the blowouts back in it could help. Ive been doing this and the results are limited.. but there are some results to speak of. Im not expecting a miraculous transformation, but its better than it was. I have not noticed any thickening of my lobes at the bottom but i think that will come with more time. :mrgreen:
1" lobes
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by mouse2cat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:23 pm

I think you have the right attitude about this. The human body has an amazing capability of healing, and you may very well may be able to significantly improve the look of your lobes. And even if the aesthetic results are small, healthy lobes are nothing to shake a stick at.

I think I saw a series of photos once where a person gave photo updates on the progress of his blowouts. It was dramatic.

Best of luck to you!
mouse2cat

by AceWitThaLobes » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 am

just an update. ive been doing the massages and also sleeping with my plugs out they shrink a bit over night. my lobes are about twice as thick as they were b4. the bottom has had the most improvment of all. im very happy with the results of my ear lobe health plan.
1" lobes
AceWitThaLobes

by mouse2cat » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:48 pm

That's great! I am glad to hear things are improving.
mouse2cat

by Evlesoa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:03 pm

AceWitThaLobes wrote:just an update. ive been doing the massages and also sleeping with my plugs out they shrink a bit over night. my lobes are about twice as thick as they were b4. the bottom has had the most improvment of all. im very happy with the results of my ear lobe health plan.

Just curious, how long did it take you to notice this?
Evlesoa

by AceWitThaLobes » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 pm

about 2 weeks
1" lobes
AceWitThaLobes

Return to Ear Stretching Experiences