glass jewelery accuracy?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by EasternTiger » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 am

I was wondering how accurate the sizes are with glass pieces?

I bought a set of 8g glass spirals and noticed that they are not identically shaped, which is fine, because i figure they must be like some sort of blown glass and hand shaped?

they SAID 8g and I bought them new, but iv been looking at my 6g's and I thought they looked much MUCH bigger, so I tried putting them in today since iv been wearing these for ages, my ears should be more then ready, but there is NO WAY they are going in.

im not sure what to do, xD I guess ill have to buy some new 8's and hope they are the right size? or do they make middle sizes?
8/00
EasternTiger

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:59 am

I've had glass plugs in every size and I've never had problems with sizing. But spirals are a lot more likely to be off than plugs, and I'm sure it would also depend on the manufacturer.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:17 pm

most of the glass spirals I have are true to size but I do have a pair thats smaller than it should be and I did get a pair that was supposed to be 4 but was closer to 2 ga ... thats a risk with hand made jewelry . organics can be the same way
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by KAISERROLLS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:25 pm

I bought some gorilla glassplus that are supposed to be an 8g, and there actually more like a 7g, so im using them as a half size kinda. But it was only that one time, because i have the same plugs in a 6 also that are identical to the tunnels i also have in that size.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by EasternTiger » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 am

I'm starting to think these might be a half size also hmm they didnt hurt as much as they should have when i first put them in xD so maybe they are unintentionally 9s haha, i guess ill just get a pair of metal 8s to size up correctly lol
8/00
EasternTiger

by EasternTiger » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:51 am

ok as it turns out the spirals WERE 8s, since i bought some metal ones today and they fit in perfectly. so is 8 to 6 meant to be this big of a jump? I mean these things are huge compared to 8s, and there is no way im getting them into my ears right now xD

does anyone know where I can get half sizes? or maybe the guy accidentally picked up 4s and i just didnt notice?
8/00
EasternTiger

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:23 am

8G-6G is definitely a pretty big jump. You can get in-between sizes on glasswearstudios.com and a few other places but if you wait plenty of time before stretching and your ears are ready 8G-6G shouldn't be a huge problem. It would be a good idea to make sure your other plugs aren't 4G though; take them to a piercer or measure them yourself if you can. 8G is 3 or 3.2mm and 6G is 4mm.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by EasternTiger » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:05 am

yep i brought them along and they measured them, definitely an 8 and a 6, wow what a jump. oh well I got some more glass in 8g that I like so I can change them up while I wait a bit longer lol.

thanks for the link, ill take a look at that :D
8/00
EasternTiger

Return to New To Stretching