Opinions on Fake Plugs/Tapers?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by greendaygal540 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:32 am

Hey guys, just wanted to ask your opinions on fake plugs and tapers! I honestly think that they're a pretty good alternative for those who only want the temporary look of plugs or can't stretch for some reason. Although I think some of them look a bit silly (Like the ones that are supposed to look like translucent acrylic plugs and being translucent you can see the bar through the face -.-) Anyway, would love to know your opinions!
I have: 2g lobes, 14g right helix
I want: 00g lobes, 2 or 3 more lobe piercings, bridge piercing, tongue, nose, septum, monroe
greendaygal540

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:47 pm

I don't like fake tapers since you're not supposed to wear tapers anyway, and they look REALLY fake. But I agree that fake plugs are a good alternative for people who don't want stretched lobes forever. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:00 pm

i ordered a fake plug for My fiance since he loves mine so much and wants to stretch his but work wont allow .. so now at least when we go out he can wear his fake one so he isnt as jealous of mine .. they are a good alternative but sometimes they can look fake but there is a huge variety out there so look around and find one that looks legit .. they are really cheap to
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Kevin Strength » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:38 am

Ahh fake "plugs" are stupid to me just to be honest,if you wanna stretch take your time its easy.I got to 7/8ths in two years,blew out my ears twice and did some stuff and now there perfect.
Piercings:septum 12g,ear lobes 7/8ths
Tattoo(s):star
Want:industrial,nose piercing,skeleton butcher tattoo.
Kevin Strength

by SAmTiNN21 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:37 am

i didnt even know they had fake ones until i already started stretching :evil: lolol and i agree no fake tapers just the plugs r cool
what up world.. the name is sam
i have 2 g lobes.. on my way to 2 or 0..
i love tattoos have 15. used to have the
tounge peirced took it out..
SAmTiNN21

by DncGvnDnc » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 am

To me I just see it as like a henna tattoo. Personally I would not get them if I did not stretch, but to each his/her own right?
DncGvnDnc

by ast.riske » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 pm

I think cheater plugs are a good alternative for people who can't stretch their ears for work or life reasons. Fake tapers just seem like a really bad idea. They have all of the normal pitfalls of wearing tapers and they are heavier than cheater plugs which can lead to a cheese-cutter effect. Not good.

Someone I work with wears a cheater plug in his lobe. It actually looks rather convincing. The thing that seems to give it away more than anything is that it's just a single ear. I haven't encountered many adults in an office setting with unmatched stretched lobes.

@dncgvndnc henna tattoo is very meaningful to some cultures (for example, in India) so it is not really the same comparison between henna and a tattoo, vs. cheater plugs and stretched lobes. If someone was stretching their lobes for cultural reasons, this discussion would be moot. If someone had henna done, they might have tattoos too. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by saply » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:49 am

Kevin Strength wrote:Ahh fake "plugs" are stupid to me just to be honest,if you wanna stretch take your time its easy.I got to 7/8ths in two years,blew out my ears twice and did some stuff and now there perfect.

Yeah, everyone take this guy's advice.
saply

by DncGvnDnc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:16 am

@ ast.riske op asked for peoples opinions so that's what I gave. I understand that henna tattoos may be important to other cultures, but to me it's different I see them as pointless. I was just giving my ten cents no need to correct me on my opinion.
:evil: Keep it brutal :evil:
DncGvnDnc

by kimchilla » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:12 am

I don't like them one bit. [:
I can see it being understandable to try them out before actually stretching your ears, to see what size you want or if you even like the look of it on yourself.
People that wear them on a daily basis just make me angry. xD
I don't like cheaterss!~
kimchilla

Next

Return to Jewelry Discussion