Best looking size for stretched ear : men and women

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:08 am

brutalSKITTLES wrote:I was once told "Man sizes start at 1/2inch,pussy" by a personal hero of mine back when i wanted to go to 00g xD but i thing 1/2inch is just a nice size on everyone:]

I don't understand why people get called "pussy" for having smaller lobes when the stretching process really shouldn't hurt at all if you're doing it right.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

I'm only going to 1/2" :P

Mainly because originally my goal size was 8mm, and then I realised how small that actually was. Then it was 10mm because I'd seen them on my ex and thought they looked nice. Now it's 1/2" because I'd like to go a little bigger, but most of the designs I like stop at that size and I really don't see the point in going bigger and bigger and bigger just for the sake of it, especially if it means I can't buy the jewellery I like.

To me 1/2" is a really nice size, noticeable without being really over the top.

I love those Omerica Organic plugs too, I really want them but in black Ebony wood with the heart inlay in white Holly wood. :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by magalo le matelot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Wow where are you buying your plugs if you can find them at 1/2 maximum...?
There's some kind of plugs you can't have over 1 inch, but that's all ive seen.
I think all design look better with bigger size. Some of them (like the map one from omerica) only sell them in 1 inch and bigger, they're gorgeous.

But I think plugs are at their best between 20 mm and 35 mm, seriously, the details are so much better, but not too big. You can have stones plugs, they're not too heavy (like at 1 inch and 1/2 and up, you can't have them). Past 2 inches it become harder to find nice plugs. Anyway I don't plan on getter farther than 1 inch.

Anyway, if you though that 8 mm is too small, then 10 then 12, I think you will continue over and over... Next time you will think ''Oh 5/8 look so much better'' haha.
I think 5/8 is the best looking of the ''small sizes'', they look feminine and not too small.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:32 pm

I didn't say that they were only 1/2" maximum, I said generally the types I like stop at 1/2".

Eg.
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... 428673.cfm

I know there are similar ones that go into the bigger gauges, but I don't like them as much.

Like I said, I think it's down to personal preference. Would be pretty dull if we all looked the same.

Haha, maybe. I know 8mm is definitely too small, I don't really like the look of it, but I can't see me going much further.
Tbh, I really don't like any sizes that start to distort the shape of your lobe and I find that happens in a lot of larger sizes. Like that first one with 3", her lobe starts to stretch backwards away from her ear, if you get what I mean. Not my cuppa tea.
But the smaller Omerica Organic one the lobe still more or less stays the same downwards shape.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:46 am

I just don't see what's wrong with small sizes. I want stretched lobes, but I also want a career. And I like hanging designs, which I prefer at 0G and below. I like the way my small stretches look.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:03 pm

You can have a career with stretched lobes, what a stupid prejudice... If your career choice don't match with body modification then don't do it. Anyway, if nobody try, its sure that dentists will never have ear gauges. I think that with time, body modifications will be more and more accepted and I defend this cause.

magalo le matelot

by magalo le matelot » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:You can have a career with stretched lobes, what a stupid prejudice...(don't forget that prejudice is the child of ignorance) If your career choice don't match with body modification then don't do it. Anyway, if nobody try, its sure that dentists will never have ear gauges. I think that with time, body modifications will be more and more accepted and I defend this cause.

magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:29 am

So basically you're saying that if I can't get a career with big lobes I shouldn't even bother stretching to 0G? That's pretty ridiculous. I like 0G... I don't see what the problem is. And yeah, body modification does need to be more accepted in the workplace, but it would be irresponsible of me to stretch to a large size when I'm only 19 years old and I'm not 100% sure I'd be able to do what I want to do with big lobes. I don't even want to go to a big size anyway. I love the way they look, but it's not for me.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by brutalSKITTLES » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 am

Its not pussy to have small lobes, just i think its more badass to have big ones, i like how they look. I think 1inch+ lobes are awsome on some but would be unpractical for me at the age of 15, i like 1/2":] To me thats when men sizes start, women sizes end at 3/4" [even tho that can be proved wrong, the cutie with the 3" ;)
brutalSKITTLES

by leighmarie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:And yeah, body modification does need to be more accepted in the workplace, but it would be irresponsible of me to stretch to a large size when I'm only 19 years old and I'm not 100% sure I'd be able to do what I want to do with big lobes. I don't even want to go to a big size anyway. I love the way they look, but it's not for me.

+1
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

PreviousNext