Curse of the piercing guns.

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Now that i have stretched my ears, I notice how differently my ears have been pierced. My right is much lower down than my left. Kinda sucks since i will now have to watch how far i stretch.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by WindowLicker » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 pm

How big are you planning on stretching? How low is the piercing? This dude came in to where I work at and only had one plug in and I noticed it was really low. I asked if he tore his other lobe and yep, I was right. His lobe tore when he tried to get to 0g like a year ago and it still wasn't healed. If you wanna stretch very big you might wanna let your ears close up and get em re-pierced with needles.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:28 pm

It's not that serious, I don't know how big i'm planning to stretch. Today i stretched upto 10mm with no problems. My left is higher up than my right ear which is obviously going to make it look alot thicker. My right ear has been pierced a little lower and a little more to the right. I can notice it just because its my ears, If you for example were to look you would probably see nothing theres no way i would close them up anyway i have really healthy lobes and there both pretty thick. I got my ears done when i was two. Its just an annoying thing to know you could have prevented it by getting pierced properly without a gun.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:57 am

Ugh, piercing guns are awful. Good thing only you can notice the crookedness, though! I took out the lobe piercings I had gunned a long time ago but they gave me soooo many problems as a kid. And the aftercare instructions they give you made my ears even worse, haha. I'm glad I got re-pierced by a professional when I wanted to start stretching!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by WindowLicker » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:24 am

When I got my ears pierced last June my mom didn't understand why I wouldn't just go to the mall and have them pierce it with the gun for free and just pay for a pair of earrings to save money. She thought it was just because I wanted to start closer to my old goal size lol
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:18 pm

To be honest i never really thought they were crooked til i had stretched. It was my mums fault she got my ears pierced! Evil woman. I also had my helix gun pierced and that was the sorest piercing i had ever got. I was about 12 when i got that pierced. It's now pierced properly.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:21 am

Ouch, gunned helix piercings... my double helix was done with needles and it's still the biggest pain in the ass ever (not fully healed after a year and a half) so I can't imagine how bad a gunned one would be. And people think guns are so quick/easy/painless but in my experience they're way more painful than needles! Getting my lobes pierced at 10G hurt less than when I had them gunned. Plus one of the biggest problems I have with guns is that the aftercare instructions they give you are pretty much the opposite of everything you should do, and if you manage to heal them it's in spite of all that crap, not because of it. And the people who use guns take a short course piercing styrofoam ears or just watch a video and they're turned loose to pierce little kids/babies! But parents put more trust in those people than they do big scary tattoo shops... the piercer I go to is a mother herself, not to mention her years of piercing experience and APP membership, but people still would rather have it done by a teenager in Claire's! It's just soooo screwed up.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by stashapistachio » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:18 am

My lobes were gunned and fine. It was one of those places that uses entire new guns thankfully :)

But I made the mistake of getting my helix gunned.
I really ought to of taken a picture.
I had to have 26mm long jewellery in because of the swelling, abcess and horridness. It now has 4mm in. Looked like someone had sort of tried to make an ear out of purple/red plasticine.

Anyway!
Scalpelling can redirect stretching, and could sort out your wonkiness, as long as its done right.
stashapistachio

Return to General Discussion