Do you guys/girls consider breast augmentation a body mod?

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Gutterflower wrote:I guess it'd be considered a body mod.

I've barely got enough in the chest area to even be considered female because I'm awkwardly skinny (22-year-old woman with the build of a 12-year-old boy, really) but I've never been self-conscious about having small breasts. I go jogging and sleep on my tummy with no issues! :lol: Also, I found that healing my nipple piercings was a lot easier than my friend who got hers done at the same time and has large breasts. I love my piercings more than I'd love a big pair of boobs... I mean, they're for feeding babies. Other than that, I never understood the aesthetic appeal?

I can relate, I have little to no boobs and am also very petite, It's just when i had my baby it was nice to have something there. Not that i would change them, But i enjoyed having a little boobage.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by StrickyCub » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:01 am

My fiance wants to have a boob job in a few years time. Not to get implants but just to get a breast lift, since when she hit puberty her boobs grew too quickly and she also fluctuates in weight a bit which has caused her to be unhappy with where her boobs "sit".
Although I told her I absolutely love her cahunas and don't want her to get a breast lift, if it's something that makes her happier and more confident with herself I'm all for it.

But it's not like I can complain about her wanting to get a breast lift, I'm on hormones to change from female to male, and in a year I'm getting my boobs chopped off completely ^_^ it's an extreme body modification, but it's necessary to have my body gender to match my brain gender.

Anyways, yes I consider breast augmentation a body mod.

~Strick
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by ggallenfan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 am

I would say it is a body modification but then again would not circumcision be a body mod? Now they say it is medically needed but it was not originally and even now that is debate able. Everyone is preaches against body mods but people do it every day. What about extreme body building are they not modifying there bodies to look the way they want. Yes exercise is needed and good for you, however if you are purposely doing it to change your body appearance then that is body mod.
never take Life too seriously you will never make it out alive.
now 2G
ggallenfan

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:36 pm

ggallenfan wrote:I would say it is a body modification but then again would not circumcision be a body mod? Now they say it is medically needed but it was not originally and even now that is debate able.

I think it's a body mod, and it's not medically needed at all. I'd compare it to female genital mutilation, although it's not done in such awful conditions.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Deano » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:06 pm

If you really want to get down to it, cutting your hair is a body mod. It's part of your body, and you are modifying what God/nature/whatever-entity-you-believe-in gave you. I mean, people are hypocrites sometime. My dad, ultra-conservative, always told me that if God wanted me to have piercings/tattoos/whatever, He would have given them to me, yet he always insisted that his sons have their hair cut. Now, isn't THAT a double standard? I mean, if God wanted me to have short hair, wouldn't He just make it stop growing, by my dad's standards?
2g lobes, want to be 0g
Deano

Previous

Return to General Discussion