Is a taper not really necessary?

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by true2blue86 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:43 pm

I can't find taper anywhere around where I live for making the 5/8 to 3/4 jump . any ideas? I ve heard the tape thing. I just don't get why i can't find any 11/16 jewelry anywhere either. I made it from 1/2 to 5/8 no problem. i went from a plug to the 5/8 tunnel no proble. i bought 3/4 tunnels and I've been @ 5/8 for over 2 months now. but it's a different scenario. it's 3mm, but it's alot. I need help. Ideas?
true2blue86

by Hardware » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 am

In my opinion, I would use the tape method. Tapering at that size can often cause more damage than anything. Use PTFE tape, plumbers tape, bondage tape..... basically you want a tape that only sticks to itself (in other words no adhesive). Adhesive tape can often irritate fresh stretching because of the toxins in the adhesive. You can add a new layers every other day (listen to your ears, don't push it). It's a lot safer than shoving a taper through your ear.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by true2blue86 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 pm

The tape method worked wonderfully! I was weary at first. I began yesteday evening. I added a layer before I finally went to bed, one this morning, one more after dinner, and my 3/4 tunnels JUST slid in wonderfully. I was so excited when they went in!! I like this method b/c tapering creates tears where the earlobe doesn't give. I actually didn't experience ANY discomfort this way. At first, I didn't know if the electrical tape would leave a residue or unwravel in my ear, but it worked wonderfully and I believe this will from now on be my method of choice. Thanks for your advice dude!
=]
true2blue86

by Hardware » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:58 am

haha, I'm a girl.

Just take your time, don't go too fast with it. Remember to give your ears time to heal up too. I would also recommend vitamin E Massages, it will help break down scar tissue, just don't do it on a fresh stretching.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by MichaelAnthonyCorso » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:05 am

Personally I use ear skins to stretch.. as long as you wait the full month+ wait inbetween stretching there is no pain. You just fold them up, put them in, let go, and bam, your at your desired stretch!
MichaelAnthonyCorso

Return to General Discussion