Thinking about nose peircing but i have alergies

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by raven_bm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Im thinking about getting my nose peirced but i have pretty bad alergies. Enviromental alergies not to the materials, so i do alota snifiling and nose blowing. They probably would be better if i was more carffull about taking my pills.
What are you experiences with nose peircings and nose blowing, is it really annoying, or does it hurt or is it tottaly fine?
Thanks
I've seen a lot of bailouts in my life,
But why is it I never see a bailout
For the homeless and the poor?

- Anti-Flag (The Economy is Suffering...Let It Die)
raven_bm

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 pm

my friend had two take hers out after getting in the swine flu because it got so irritated with the nose blowing. i can see how it would get easily messed up
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by leighmarie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:04 am

I had a similar problem. I have my nose pierced, but I get quite bad Hay Fever so during summer I sneeze quite a lot.

The way I got around it was getting pierced in winter rather than summer, but I also had to change my nose bone quite soon after I had it pierced. It was way too long, and I managed to squeeze my nose too hard one time and it scratched the inside of my nose and gave me a pretty bad nose bleed :/

I have an Open Ring now, so I don't have that problem. But I'm warning you - having a Cold with a nose piercing is one of the most disgusting things ever, lol :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by StrickyCub » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:19 am

I never had any problems with my nose piercing. The only one I had was when I was squeezing blackheads near the piercing, which would make it scratch the inside of my nose if I wasn't careful, which hurt >.<

I solved that problem though by switching from Stainless Steel jewellery to Bio-flex :D
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by raven_bm » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 am

Thanks for the advice, it sounds like it wouldn't be that bad, so if I'm gonna get it done, ilbprobly get it in the mid-late fall.
I've seen a lot of bailouts in my life,
But why is it I never see a bailout
For the homeless and the poor?

- Anti-Flag (The Economy is Suffering...Let It Die)
raven_bm

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 pm

As long as you don't get it in the time of year when your allergies are really bad you'll be fine. If it's healed by the time they get bad again you shouldn't have any problems. I don't really have allergies and I haven't had a cold since I've had my septum pierced but the last time I had a cold I had one healing nostril and one healed nostril. It was a BAD cold but it really didn't affect the piercings too much.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to General Discussion