not stretching your ears?

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by vdub » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:16 am

This is analogous to saying that everyone should have giant monster truck wheels on their cars.

It just doesn't work like that, mate.

I can understand not seeing a point in stretching only to smaller sizes though. Staying at a 10g would only limit options. You might as well just stay at a 14g piercing. Go big or go home. You really start to see options when you hit the 6g mark.

Slightly falling off topic; I don't mentally categorize someone as having 'stretched ears' unless they pass the 7/16 mark, so for me personally, it's 'pointless' until then. I'll notice your ears are stretched if you're a 6g or something, but it won't stick out in my mind. It just doesn't have the same effect until your lobes start to take on that shape.
vdub

by leighmarie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I always find it pretty ridiculous that modded people do nothing but moan and bitch about all the different prejudices that people and employers, ect, have against them, but then make comments about how other people's mods are "pointless".

You can only expect other people to be open minded if you are. You can't have it both ways.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Agreed. How are stretches below 7/16" pointless? My stretches are really small, but I know they're stretched and that's all that matters. I've been patient and worked hard to keep them healthy. I didn't shove a new size in my ear once a week to catch up with the rest of the modded crowd. I don't like seeing young people with HUGE lobes because I KNOW they rushed just to catch up with everyone else. People are getting to sizes in a few months that people with patience who stretch for the right reasons take like 3-5 years to get to!
I have a lot of nice jewelry that I wouldn't like as much at 14G. Also, when I wear earskins and have my hair up my stretches are pretty damn noticeable! Not that I really care... very few people even know I have my ears stretched and that's okay with me. I know and I love them. Same with a lot of piercings I have... only one or two people in real life know I have my septum pierced, no one in real life knows I have my VCH yet, and my ear piercings are almost always hidden by hair. My tattoos are hidden, as well. I don't get body modifications to get noticed by other people, I get them for me.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:39 pm

leighmarie wrote:I always find it pretty ridiculous that modded people do nothing but moan and bitch about all the different prejudices that people and employers, ect, have against them, but then make comments about how other people's mods are "pointless".

You can only expect other people to be open minded if you are. You can't have it both ways.

''Moan and bitch''
He's sharing is opinion. He was not saying ''this IS pointless'', he say ''in my opinion, it's pointless''. Everybody can have their own opinions. He's not bitching, he say what he think about that. He's not doing nothing wrong here. Now YOU can stop bitching.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Nic » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:29 am

magalo le matelot wrote:
leighmarie wrote:I always find it pretty ridiculous that modded people do nothing but moan and bitch about all the different prejudices that people and employers, ect, have against them, but then make comments about how other people's mods are "pointless".

''Moan and bitch''
He's sharing is opinion. He was not saying ''this IS pointless'', he say ''in my opinion, it's pointless''. Everybody can have their own opinions. He's not bitching, he say what he think about that. He's not doing nothing wrong here. Now YOU can stop bitching.

+1
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by leighmarie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:41 am

magalo le matelot wrote:

''Moan and bitch''

It says "modded people", not anyone as an individual. It was a generalisation.
I suggest that in future if you're going to try and get confrontational that you actually read what you're quoting.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by magalo le matelot » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:08 am

You say this comment right after Vdub's comment, and you QUOTED his word ''pointless''. Don't laugh in my face by saying ''I was just talking about modded people in general !'' Seriously. This is ridiculous.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by vdub » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:56 am

I'm not exactly sure what the argument here is about, but I feel like I should clarify what I was saying.

I was discussing my personal aesthetic taste, not my philosophical ideas on the worthiness of other's lobes. When I said anything below 7/16 was pointless, I was saying that for myself, i see no point in staying below that, because for me, it doesn't have the stretched ear 'look' until then. To me, it just looks like big studs or something when you have say for example 2g.

Even though I KNOW someone has stretched ears at smaller sizes, like 4g for example, i don't THINK of them as having stretched ears. its like my memory of them excludes having stretched ears. A better way to say it would be that it doesn't leave an impression on me unless it's 7/16+

I'm in no way shape or form saying there is no point to someone ELSE having smaller sizes, I'm just stating my own opinion.

I respect all sizes for the simple fact that they took the time to stretch. its like a badge that says "we have something in common". I also understand that it takes time to stretch, and everyone has to be at the smaller sizes at one point. even if your stopping point is below my 7/16 'visual standard', it doesn't bother me, i respect peoples right to be how they want, and it doesn't have to be big for me to like it, I've seen a lot of people pull off smaller sizes just wonderfully.

(My other post was actually an argument against the original poster.)
vdub

by leighmarie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:13 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:You say this comment right after Vdub's comment, and you QUOTED his word ''pointless''. Don't laugh in my face by saying ''I was just talking about modded people in general !'' Seriously. This is ridiculous.

If you actually read the posts above he wasn't the first or only person to say "no point".

My point is that what I said wasn’t aimed at anyone here; it was a general statement about modded people as a whole. If you’d read it properly then you probably would have seen that, but as usual you’re more than ready to jump down my throat.

To be fair, I’m pretty sure if I even wrote “the sky is blue” on here you’d start a disagreement with me.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:01 pm

thank you vdub, for clearing things up and being so mature about it :)
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

PreviousNext