not stretching your ears?

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by Keep it funky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:16 am

am I the only one who sees almost no point to piercing your ears without stretching them, like other ear piercings are like different but like the 1st hole on your lobe should be stretched, i think that like 18g whatevers look stupid xP
Keep it funky

by leighmarie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 am

I think that's a bit narrow minded. I had basic lobe piercings for 18 years before I started stretching them.
Each to their own, not everyone likes stretched piercings.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Hardware » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:59 pm

yeah, I am all about body modification but I'm not going to judge someone for not having stretched out lobes or not having piercings or tattoos. It's a little irritating to me when someone calls anything below a certain size 'pussy sizes'
I have some pretty extensive and detailed tattoo work, but I don't say bad things about anyone else who's work may not be as big or as well done as mine. I got into the modified world because I like it, not because pop culture made if fashionable.

Also, I would like to state something at this point and I hope some people agree with me....
They are called Plugs, Captive Bead Rings, Circular Barbells or Crescents! NOT F-ING GAUGES!! Gauge is the diameter of the hole, not the damn jewelry itself.

god I'm a bitter old bitch.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:00 am

I don't like seeing the tiny, 20G butterfly-back studs sticking out of people's ears simply because they're associated with piercing guns and they're typically made out of low-quality metals. Especially when they're in cartilage piercings... I just want to point them in the direction of a decent piercer and buy them some labret studs! But other than that, there's absolutely nothing wrong with non-stretched lobes. Stretching is a permanant modification in most cases and not everyone wants to go through with something like that. Some people have careers and such to think about.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by twosharks » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 am

Hardware wrote:yeah, I am all about body modification but I'm not going to judge someone for not having stretched out lobes or not having piercings or tattoos. It's a little irritating to me when someone calls anything below a certain size 'pussy sizes'

Thank you! Some guy called me a wuss the other day when I explained my henna was not a tattoo. Nevermind I have plenty of tattoos that he could see, nevermind I had twice as many piercings as he did. Apparently I'm a wuss because I enjoy body art that isn't permanent. Makes me want to scream.

Getting accepted for your mods means accepting other people's choices about beauty, even when they are less extreme. Even when their choice is to live without mods. Thinking less of someone for not stretching their piercings is just as bad as thinking someone with tattoos must be a criminal.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by Hardware » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:56 am

twosharks wrote:Getting accepted for your mods means accepting other people's choices about beauty, even when they are less extreme. Even when their choice is to live without mods. Thinking less of someone for not stretching their piercings is just as bad as thinking someone with tattoos must be a criminal.

AGREED!!!
People ask me if my parents didn't love me and crap like that, but I have the best parents in the world!
You know what, I LOVE henna artwork! I still do designs on my face that fools most on lookers (and tattoo artists) but not a single person has called me a 'wuss' for it not being real. I stopped traffic with my Maori face designs back in the day!! ^-^
Hardware

by leighmarie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:01 am

Hardware wrote:Also, I would like to state something at this point and I hope some people agree with me....
They are called Plugs, Captive Bead Rings, Circular Barbells or Crescents! NOT F-ING GAUGES!! Gauge is the diameter of the hole, not the damn jewelry itself.

I love you for this.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Nic » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

lol while i agree that i dont see the point of piercing without stretching lobes, i do agree that everyone has ther own preference an right to express it without fear of being judged. Im not a big fan of henna cuz i personaly like real tatoos because more often then not they mean somthing to the person who has them. I just try my best not to judge ne one because i think back an remember how i hate when people judge me =D.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Hardware » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Yeah, being judged by other modified people is hypocritical to me. I usually don't hear crap from the scene kids cause they say in 'hardcore' *scoff*
I'm not hardcore... I'm not goth... I'm not a punk... I'm not a metal...

....I'm modified, and I am me.
Hardware

by Nic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

same here Hardware =) i am me, i wouldnt have it ne other way.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Next