Is this a bad thing?

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:10 am

You can't always just take out stretched lobes. They don't always shrink, even if you keep them at a small size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:32 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:You can't always just take out stretched lobes. They don't always shrink, even if you keep them at a small size.

I kno thats y im not going bigger then a 00g cuz atleast it will shrink smaller then it would a biiger size right
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:11 am

In most cases the hole will shrink a small amount but it can still be pretty noticeable. I think my boyfriend's lobes were around 1/2" at one time and he's had them out for years but they never shrank below a 2G. Plus it's a little worse for guys (or girls with short hair) when it comes to job opportunities and such because there's no hair to cover the holes. But at least a 00G won't distort the shape of your lobes or leave huge, gaping holes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 am

Well i have small lobes anyways 0g pushes my lobes out lol like makes them rounder. Idk what to call it
bradykay90

by sh4ky » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 am

All I can think is head, bashing and brick wall. Some people don't get it!
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:10 am

sh4ky wrote:All I can think is head, bashing and brick wall. Some people don't get it!

Good luck with that let me know who wins
bradykay90

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:28 am

bradykay90 wrote:I will probley take them out in a year or 2 anyways. But thanks for that tip. Even if they start to thin ill let them down size back to an 8g if theyll go back that far and restretch the right way

This kind of attitude really confuses Me , I dont understand why people think they can just fix the thinning ... nothing can "fix" the damage once its done ... you can only hopefully improve it some .. and its usually not alot

if you agree you are not stretching " the right way " this time then why do it ... if you know you are causing damage what makes people with your attitude so convinced that they can just get to their goal size the wrong way then fix everything once they get there ????... it just doesnt work like that . there is only so much that oil ,salt, massage, and downsizing can do ... they are techniques that can slightly improve a damaged ear not a miracle cures that fix everything

Im sure this person thought that since they were at small size ( probably about 2 or 0 ) that they would never get a blow out or have problems either but look Image

do you really think thats fixable with a lil oil and a downsize ?

Im not trying to jump on you i just wish people had a little bit of common since an a bit of understanding about healing and scar tissue ....

here is another dangerously thin lobe in a very small size and as you can see its near ripping thru ... point is small sizes still have issues to if you stretch wrong Image
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:35 am

C my ears look nothing like that at all. My ears look fine
bradykay90

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Im sure there ears looked fine at first too .... and Im not saying yours are going to look like that .... Im just saying dont expect that you can let your ears get that way then just " fix " it when you get to your goal .....the pics are just examples showing you that problems can happen even in small sizes if you dont take your time and continue to stretch dangerously

But then again if you plan on not having stretched lobes in a few years I really dont see why you are even bothering to have them now - seems like a waste of time and money and if your rushing alot of pain and scar tissue for really no reason ..

you say you will take them out in a year or 2 and you only wanna go to a 2 or 0 anyway .... then you may was well just wear the cheater plugs ....get the look you want for a year or two without having to damage your lobes .... at least thats what I would have done ...considering it really doenst sound like you are very committed to having stretched lobes in the future

I know Im at a small size only 4/2 ga but I fully understand that this could be a life long thing ( I hope it is - and I dont want to let them close up or downsize in the future unless something went wrong with them ) even at this size I would never make the assumption that they would close up all the way if I took them out ...plus the more scar tissue you build while stretching incorrectly the harder it will be for your body to close the hole...

either way good luck to you , your lobes will probably end up somewhat ok ... but Its a risk I wouldnt take with My lobes
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Y do u thank i havent stretched from a 8mm to a 9mm yet. Im taking yalls advice im waiting longer to stretch then when its time again im going to stretch to 10mm
bradykay90

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion