Gauges in the marines..

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by Juulian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:48 am

I been thinking about Joining the marines for a while, and Ill be kinda sad if they tell me I have to take them out and let them close, even though there only "00" they have made me who i am and are a big part of personality, My question is does anyone know if they'll tell me to take them out?
Juulian

by vdub » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:52 am

Haha I just googled this earlier today. It was a mix of yes and no. The army is more desperate and are taking tons of recruits with stretched ears, so I hear.

The marines however are a little more selective, but I've heard the same about them not caring. But I've read that some guys glue their ears shut (sounds retarded) and then ungluing them once they get accepted.

Try this
vdub

by Juulian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:25 am

Thanks man I appreciate it
Juulian

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:09 am

You may have to take out your plugs when you're actually doing Marine-stuff (haha sorry for my lack of military knowledge) but can put them back in on your own time. How long have you had them stretched? 'Cause at 00G it's pretty likely they'll stay that size forever, especially if you've had them for a while.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Juulian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:44 pm

I've had them for about a year and after some research I'm really mad reading that some people didn't get exepted because of the holes, and now even more dissapointed learning they won't close at my size.
Juulian

by magalo le matelot » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:37 am

If you did them slowly, they're supposed to close at 00g... The point of no-return is anywhere between 2g and 1/2, depending on the elasticity of your skin and if you did the stretching process correctly.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:49 am

Juulian wrote:I've had them for about a year and after some research I'm really mad reading that some people didn't get exepted because of the holes, and now even more dissapointed learning they won't close at my size.

Well, IMO the "point of no return" thing is a load of crap; it's seriously different for every single person. I know a girl who tore her ears at 5/8", then she downsized to "normal" earrings and you can't tell they were stretched when she has jewelry in. My piercer was also telling me about someone who went to that size and got down to a 14G.
Then again, I've also heard of people stretching to 2-0G and them never shrinking. My boyfriend used to be at 7/16" or 1/2" and a few years later his lobes look like they could still accomodate a 4G or 2G. But then again he stretched pretty badly.
So basically there's no guarantee they'll close up at any size. If you leave your plugs out for a while they should shrink a little though, even if you can still fit your 00G plugs in.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:52 pm

I heard of a technique to close your lobes even if you had them big, I never tested it so I can't confirm if it work, but if you want to know more about it, ask me !
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

Return to General Discussion