Anyone with tattoos? I could use a few seconds of input.

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by LucyFord » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:29 am

Alright, so I live in Florida and the weather is beginning to change- average 90 degree temperatures have dropped down to below 80. It's nice, but I've also noticed something really annoying.
My ink's been itching. A lot.
It's not bad enough to really make me crazy, but it's definitely obnoxious. I'm thinking it's probably because the ink expands/shrinks at a different rate than the skin, so it'll stay expanded from the warmer indoor temperatures and then doesn't shrink quickly when I go outside, irritating the skin immediately surrounding it.
Maybe it's in my head. I dunno. All I know is that it isn't from my skin being dry and it isn't contact-related.

Sheesh. Writing about it makes me feel itchy.
If anyone is dealing with something similar and/or has any suggestions, it would be well appreciated. :]
Ka-chow.
LucyFord

by SAmTiNN21 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 am

is it a new tattoo or old? put some lubriderm on it. just a little bit if its fresh. also i would try and minimize the time ur in the sun if its a fresh one..
what up world.. the name is sam
i have 2 g lobes.. on my way to 2 or 0..
i love tattoos have 15. used to have the
tounge peirced took it out..
SAmTiNN21

by LucyFord » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:43 am

Oh, I forgot to include that bit of information. I got it a year ago, so it's all healed up nicely.
I also don't expose it to the sun frequently, if at all.

This probably happened last year, but I just assumed it was the healing process and that was it.
Ka-chow.
LucyFord

by Big Chicken » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Ahoy!

I had a really, really bad experience with a really bad tattooist. He really hammered the ink into my arm. That was about 18 months ago. That tattoo has been really itchy. I have a few other tatts which have been fine - no itchiness or anything.

Weird.

Don't think it's anything to worry about.
Big Chicken

by aidyb21 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:57 pm

I have had similar experiances, a couple of my tattoos itch every now and again and so have a few of my friends, so its nothing too worry about
new too stretching, looking forward to going bigger, 16mm is my goal size.

tonge piercing soon!!
aidyb21

by SAmTiNN21 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:13 am

yeah its okay for ur tattoos to itch lol.. just like any other part of your body.. when it itches it gets like a little raised up.. all good though.
what up world.. the name is sam
i have 2 g lobes.. on my way to 2 or 0..
i love tattoos have 15. used to have the
tounge peirced took it out..
SAmTiNN21

by LucyFord » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:24 am

Big Chicken wrote:Ahoy!

I had a really, really bad experience with a really bad tattooist. He really hammered the ink into my arm. That was about 18 months ago. That tattoo has been really itchy. I have a few other tatts which have been fine - no itchiness or anything.

Weird.

Don't think it's anything to worry about.

Sounds like scar tissue :/ I'm really sorry about that, that really blows.

@Samtinn & Aidyb: I'm not concerned that anything is wrong, I just wanted to know if anyone else had any similar experiences, and any advice to offer. I guess it's just something to get over.
Ka-chow.
LucyFord

by Gary » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:29 pm

I never thought too much about it, but now that you mention it, there are times when the tattoos on both my arms do itch.
The itching is definitely where the ink is located.
It's not all or even most the time, but when it does itch, it's where the tattoo work is located.
I guess it's not just you.
I really like them and so does my wife.
I'll have to ask her if her's itch.
She has more than I do.
I'm more into piercings.
Gary
Gary

by greeneyedbabe€ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 am

Ok for me this isn't a weird thing at all I have 5 and the ones on my hips are like that they are almost 2 yrs old not but the colder it is out side they seem to become itchy and I just keep lubriderm at home and a travel size bottle in my car. I asked my tattoo guy and another one just to get a 2nd opinion and both said that the area since its sorta below my belt is just sensitive to temp differences to just make sure I use my lotion as often as I feel needed.....in the long run it helps your your skin the better you mosturize the better your skin looks = the better your tat looks
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

Return to General Discussion