Im incredibly sad :'(

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by DJChildhood » Sun May 29, 2011 6:18 am

As many of you know, my right ear was very blown out.
and at the time, misinformed like crazy.
I had no idea after a blowout I was supposed to size down and baby it.
so I kept stretching.
eventually reaching my goal size of 3/4.
yesterday morning, I realized that a part of my lobe had "disappeared" (???)
and it was increasingly smaller then and throughout the day.
so I took them out in fear of a split.
went to the doctors, and he gave me the news I already knew I would recieve inevitably.
i had to retire my ears and have surgeory to cut and sew them back.
i regretably inform you, that I will not be stretching after the surgeory is done, nor will I even pierce them
ive had too many complications in my life, and would rather focus on my tattoos.
not totally sure why im posting this, but I feel as I should tell you.
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

by corazon_de_oro » Sun May 29, 2011 6:37 am

Maybe you should get a second opinion from an experienced professional piercer (find one in your area who's a member of the APP, or even find some pros on the Body Art Forms/Body Jewellery Shop forums and message them with pictures). Doctors usually have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to body mods. They're always so quick to say "it's infected, here are some antibiotics, take it out" or "you're going to need surgery for your ears."

Have you considered just leaving your plugs out for a few months and trying to thicken the other lobe back up?

Good luck!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DJChildhood » Sun May 29, 2011 9:01 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Maybe you should get a second opinion from an experienced professional piercer (find one in your area who's a member of the APP, or even find some pros on the Body Art Forms/Body Jewellery Shop forums and message them with pictures). Doctors usually have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to body mods. They're always so quick to say "it's infected, here are some antibiotics, take it out" or "you're going to need surgery for your ears."

Have you considered just leaving your plugs out for a few months and trying to thicken the other lobe back up?

Good luck!

Well to be totally honest, ive had a lot of complications with my ears ever since they were first pierced.
and im kind of sick of being hospitalized, and other things of that sort.
So im thinking about getting my snakebites done, then finishing my half sleeve jacket :P
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

Return to General Discussion