brand new stretching style

Discuss and explore a wide range of topics. Share your views, discoveries. experiences or anything else that comes to mind, ear stretching or non ear stretching.

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Whoa, I completely ignored the fact that it went from 4G-0G. That's actually really good because IMO the gaps between most sizes are way too big, especially 2G-0G. It would be good for people like me who can't seem to master taping.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by eliswett » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Stricky cub is right because only the 1st and last plugs actally are gauge sizes in order to make for a more fluent stretch in stread of fast stretches it should cut back on tears in ear because of this its similiar to taping due to the smaller sizes and smaller increase in size of the tapering with the snaplugs
Full site opened up today with more details on it
eliswett

by Stretch_Logic » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself to everyone on this thread. My name is Lou and I'm the one that designed SnapPlugs. I came across this forum and read through some of the valid concerns and questions everyone made and felt I should address them to shine some light on the whole deal. :D

I'd like to start by letting you guys know that I am a piercer and have been piercing professionally since 1995. I have performed countless piercings and stretches on people and have had many different types of piercings myself that have been or are stretched. During my time stretching and getting stretched, I was always annoyed that we (the body modification industry) had adopted the American Wire Gauge (AWG) standard for our jewelry sizes. To me it never made sense, because the size growths are not uniform and contain no logical purpose when applied to body modification. So to make a long story short, I had enough of watching people come into the shop upset because of blow outs and other issues, so I set out to figure out a solution.

We have created a new image that may help clarify the design and intended use of SnapPlugs, so I'll post it and then address your concerns immediately after.

So as you can see, SnapPlugs come in sets of 10. The first set that is coming out now will stretch your ears from 4 gauge to 0 gauge in 10 equal steps. Series 2 of SnapPlugs is coming out in July and that will stretch your piercings from 0 gauge to 1/2". We have 10 complete sets designed that are being manufactured, that will go all the way up to 1 1/2". We are also working on finalizing a design that will start at 18 gauge and help people safely stretch up to 4 gauge.

SnapPlugs are meant to be used as a set and in sequence. Each SnapPlug connects perfectly with the SnapPlug that comes before it and the one that comes after it. Also, each series of SnapPlugs will connect perfectly with the series that comes before it and the series that comes after it. This will allow people to seamlessly stretch as big as they want. So since SnapPlugs are designed to connect to each other, there should have no overhang. The margin of error on the design is less than the width of a human hair. And SnapPlugs do include, what we internally call, a "transition ramp" to allow for a smooth transition during the stretch and insertion.

Each SnapPlug in a series is to be worn a minimum of 10 days. This is to ensure that your body has had enough time to relax and therefore be able to accept another stretch.

Since some people need more time, a SnapPlug can be worn up to 30 days. After that amount of time, if a piercing is not ready to accept another stretch, it may not be healthy enough to continue, so we suggest going back to the next smallest gauge to give your piercings more time to heal before trying to stretch again. SnapPlugs make it easier and safer to stretch, but cannot accelerate the amount of time your skin needs to heal itself. So with that being said, there may be some people who will not be able to use SnapPlugs because their bodies require a lot more time than our product can offer. (we are thinking about and will be attempting to solve that issue in the future)

In regards to people misusing SnapPlugs and stretching way too fast, that has been one of our main concerns as well. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about that, except for continually reinforcing their proper use through education and information.

And lastly, SnapPlugs do not contain any latex and they are not acrylic. SnapPlugs are made from Makrolon 2458, a medical quality grade material.

So if we compare Series 1 SnapPlugs to a traditional stretching method, you can see how they're different.

Traditional method:
4 gauge has a diameter of about 5.2mm; 2 gauge has a diameter of about 6.5mm; so the difference is only about 1.3mm in diameter, but if you calculate the difference in circumference you come up with about 4.3mm... so that means your skin will need to stretch for 4.3mm without ripping. Then if you take the difference in circumference of 2 gauge and 0 gauge you come up with about 5.4mm... so if you're stretching your ears in a traditional method, you will have one stretch that will expand your fistula by 4.3mm and then 1-3 months later (depending on your patience) you'll have another stretch of 5.4mm... so in the span of about 3 months (90 days or so) you would have stretched twice for a total of about 9.7mm... That's almost a whole centimeter! Look on a ruler and imagine your skin pulling that far in two stretches.

SnapPlug method:
Since Series 1 of SnapPlugs starts at 4 gauge and ends at 0 gauge, your piercing will start and end at the same place. But instead of covering that distance in two large jumps, you do it in 10 equal jumps that change in circumference at about 1mm. So if your ears stretch easily and you take the jumps at the minimum suggested amount of time, you would have performed 10 tiny stretches in about 100 days (just around 3 months)... But if you're the type that has a tougher time stretching and progressed through the steps at the maximum amount of time of 30 days, then you would have achieved the same goal in about 300 days (a little less than a year). With SnapPlugs you can guide your experience to ensure you achieve your stretching goals comfortably and safely.

Sorry for being so wordy, but it has taken me about two years to bring SnapPlugs from an idea to an actual product, so I get a bit excited when talking about them. SnapPlugs came about because I always wished they existed so I could use them and so I can contribute something positive to like minded people on the same mission.

Feel free to contact us at any time with questions or ideas. I have several links available in the signature for anyone that is interested.

Thanks,
Lou
Stretch_Logic

by StrickyCub » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:38 am

Very informative :D Sounds better and better.
In fact, I'd be incredibly interested in the set that goes from 0g to 1/2" 8-)

What's your pricing like? I think that's like the only thing that wasn't mentioned :P
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by eliswett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:03 am

thanks a bunch too stretch logic for getting on this thread and clearin some stuff up ive been wantin to get in oon the product since i heard of it although ima have to wait for the larger sizes i kno ill be buyin

a question i have is will they come in other colors such as red or white?
eliswett

by DJChildhood » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 am

Let me know if you got a set that goes from ~3/4 to 1"

I wanna buy some timestretcher plugs ;)
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

by Stretch_Logic » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm

The price for these is going to be $15 per series (one set of 10 SnapPlugs).

They will eventually come in colors, but at the moment they will only come in black. Colors are additives which need to be tested to make sure they're safe. Since the medical industry doesn't play around with too many colors, we will have to do the testing ourselves, which takes time. So yes there will be colors, but it's going to take a bit of time.
Stretch_Logic

by stashapistachio » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Well the non-acrylic and little 'ramp' part answers my question really :)

But jw, why Makrolon?
stashapistachio

by eliswett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:11 pm

aight sweet i cant wait to see em when colors start comin out and especially when the bigger sizes start comin im real excited for this product
are there any plans for new products
such as oils or stretching lubes and such or just some crazy awesome plugs?
eliswett

by Stretch_Logic » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:25 pm

stashapistachio wrote:But jw, why Makrolon?

Because of it's properties and it's ISO testing certification. (local effects, irritation, toxicity, etc)

@eliswett - As people and as a company we're ready to do some interesting things for our users. We're going to work real hard to come up with creative solutions to common modification problems and release mind-blowing products, but for now we'll just focus on SnapPlugs. :D
Stretch_Logic

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion