Ear Stretching Newbie!

If you're new to the community, introduce yourself in here.

by DylanVeester » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 am

Hello everyone! Its Nov 15th and I just got my ears pierced. It was at a tattoo and piercing shop on Nov 6th. I want to start stretching. Possibly to 20mm. Any tips or anything to say before I start my journey would be helpful. Thanks!

-DylanVeester
DylanVeester

by zalakii » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

If you had just gotten them pierced, wait a bit before stretching!! Until they're completely healed, which will be 6-8 months depending on how fast you heal. Do not stretch until they're completely healed!

But, when you do start, I have some tips!

- Use stainless steel to stretch and / or wear. Acrylic can cause infections as it cannot be properly sanitized. You can wear them in fully healed lobes though! But no longer than a day or so.

- Wait 4-8 weeks before stretching again, at minimum. Though I recommend 1-2 full months.

- Clean them regularly ! That is essential for ear health and ongoing stretching! Salt water solution and some jojoba oil are good for this. If you don't have jojoba, vitamin E or emo oil will work just as well!

- KEEP YOUR FINGERS OUT OF THEM. That is the biggest problem I have, and they've gotten infected more than once because of it! If you want to touch it, wash your hands thoroughly before and after!

- Stretching too much too fast is dangerous! If you notice you have a blowout, downsize IMMEDIATELY.

- Do not dead stretch, stretch with silicone, or wear silicone, stone, wood, horn or bone in fresh stretches!

That's all I can think of! Happy stretching!
My name is Jaedyn!
I know a lot about stretching and will be glad to answer any questions asked!

Have
10mm (00g) lobes
Upper lobes
16g Helix

Had
Left nostril

Want
14g Spider bites
Rook
My cat's paw

~zalakii

zalakii