Hello! :D

If you're new to the community, introduce yourself in here.

by anonnymouse » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:18 am

I just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself before going back to lurking the forums.

My name is Gabbi, I'm 21, and new to the world of ear stretching and body modification in general. I've had one set of lobe piercings since I was an infant, and a few years ago, I added a second set. After playing with the idea for a little over two years and (admittedly too) little research, I finally decided to bite the bullet and stretch the first set.

The salesgirl at a body jewelry store encouraged me to buy a 12g pincher to start with, and though I was hesitant about skipping a couple of sizes, I rolled with it anyway. An hour later at home, I regretted it. Though I didn't do any serious damage to my ears, there was extreme discomfort, resistance from my lobes, and slight pain. It wasn't gonna happen. Irritated, I went back to the store and requested a smaller size, and came back home with a 14g pincher.

This was around three months ago, and it was only yesterday that I discovered this forum. Now I realize that I didn't go about my first two stretches totally correctly, but at 12g and waiting on a stainless steel taper/tunnel kit, I'm excited to continue the process in a healthy way.

Sorry this ended up being my life story, lol. :roll:
anonnymouse

by Mariah_Leigh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:43 am

Yay for being safe!!

As being 14, I did the cheapest and easiest thing.

I went to a friend.

She supplied me with my plugs and stretching for about 2 months... in that 2 months i went up 4 sizes. Big no-no. But my lobes didn't hurt really and I was happy. I was at an 8 when I fully stopped, just 2 sizes from my goal size.

I lost an o-ring for my 8s so I took mine out and they had shrunk. I was upset so I went to my friend, got a pair of 10s and shoved them in 2 days ago. One lobe bled, and I'm pretty sure I dug right through the bottom art of my lobe on accident, but not all the way through. My lobes were NOT ready for that. They were swollen and letting out a puss type substance.

I took them out yesterday and the lobe that bled is still swollen and I'm disappointed in myself for not doing things safely and gradually.

So what I'm trying to say to all those newbs and what not,

Make sure you're doing things right and not just going for the pleasure of having big holes in your lobes. Make sure you;re stretching for a reason and yada yada yada... I'm done talking.

I'm such a hypocrite, but seriously.... ^^^^^^^ True story...
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by anonnymouse » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 am

Oh man, that sounds like quite the painful saga. Glad you're realizing you need to slow down though. :J

As for my stretching, unlike most of my other decisions, this one wasn't on a whim, lol. I've always found stretched ears attractive, but doing it myself wasn't a choice I made lightly. I do regret not researching much more thoroughly though. For example, I never gave much thought to stretching materials, and I stupidly bought an ACRYLIC tapering/plug kit online. Yes, I know, face palm with a fist. Earlier today, I tried to see if I could exchange it for a stainless steel one of the same size and price before the purchase could be processed. I guess we'll see if my request was seen to. If not, I'll just have to exchange them once the set arrives.
anonnymouse

by ast.riske » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Mariah, never feel you're being a hypocrite because you at sharing something you learned along the way. I'm glad to hear you're giving your ears more time. I think you'll be much happier for it. : )

Anonnymouse, welcome. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:12 am

And It wasnt that painful.. just kinda stupid...

And my decision wasnt on a whim either.. I've wanted to stretch for a couple years. I love it.

but yea... I'm a living testimony to stupid stretching... ^_^
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

Return to Introduce Yourself