Hiya!

If you're new to the community, introduce yourself in here.

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:21 pm

I dont do the stretching myself because I dont have the money to get tapers and whatnot.. and... because I'd chicken out. And I did go one size at a time... Im just not patient to do it again... And after I tell you this.. you will prolly flip your lid..

But I went from a 14 to a 8 in less than or about 2 months. ( I was already at a 16 because my earring stretched then down over 2 years.)

And trust me.. I am listening to all of this.. I really am.. but idk..

I get a weird satisfaction when I get a size bigger.
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm not "flipping my lid..." I'm just telling you as someone older and with more stretching experience: if you ruin your lobes there is no going back.

We all get satisfaction when going up a size. And when you wait it's even better! Honestly, I have enjoyed prolonging my stretching journey; I've had time to enjoy each size before moving on. And I got nice, healthy lobes as a bonus. My ears are going to be attached to my head forever so I take care of them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:50 pm

As per usual, I agree with Lindsay. Taking it slow never hurt anyone. Also, if you start again at a small size and go really gradually, your parents will get used to the new sizes and will probably be less likely to tell you to take them out. This will be good for you in three ways. First, it will give your ears time to heal. Second, your parents won't notice a sudden increase in size and third they may even see that you are modifying your body the way you see fit, but still in a healthy, responsible way.

Blending responsibility and self-expression is always a better idea in the long run. People at my work never question my choices and give me quite a bit of respect. I am the "token goth" in the office and I deal with execs all the time. The fact that I demonstrate sound decision making and responsible behavior contributes to the respect I get. I am different and I am still respected. Food for thought. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:57 pm

meh.... idkk

I really hate going slow.. at anything

And my mom, its just my mom.. my dad bailed on me. its one for body mod.. hell... she wont let me get my cartilage done till in 16.. so.. idk

But! I can say this.

Once I reach a 6, imma stop for a while.. isnt a 6 a full mm? idk...

But.. yup..
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:10 pm

6G is 4 mm...
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 pm

This is one time you should definitely go slow. You will want this to go well now so, if you decide you want to stretch more in the future you will be able to. Since you're 14 you still have some time to make decisions before you're done with high school. You may decide to do something other than teaching where you'll be able to modify your body in more aggressive ways. You will want to have all options open to you.

I'm sorry to hear your dad bailed out. Still, your mom will probably be more amenable to change if you make it gradual. You have plenty of time. Why not enjoy it?
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:6G is 4 mm...

well shoot.... ive been lied to..

And I doubt my mom will ever except this.. maybe if i get my grades up she wont care... hmmmm

I really do plan on taking slow.. I kinda have to... the person stretching my ears JUST went to a 4 last night so I get all of her 6s ^.^
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:18 pm

@Lindsay, I think she meant isn't it a full mm up from 8g.

@Mariah - yes, 6g is roughly a full mm up from 8g. It's also a very difficult stretch. I have seen more tears, blowouts and permanent damage at that size than any other in the small gauge sizes. (0g is the next size up I hear of trouble at) If you rush that one, especially if your ears shrunk down a size or two, you will hurt yourself.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm

I wont be going up to a 0 anytime soon.. trust me...
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 pm

ast.riske wrote:@Lindsay, I think she meant isn't it a full mm up from 8g.

Oops! Ignore my post then.
However, if you went from nothing straight to 6G it WOULD be a 4mm jump... which is waaaaay too much, especially at a small size.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself