Hiya!

If you're new to the community, introduce yourself in here.

by Mariah_Leigh » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 pm

I feel like such a bother.

But.

I had to take my 8s out due to losing an o-ring.
Its been a couple days.
They shrunk.

I put in 10s.
One bled.
Do i just need to watch it?
Clean it?
Do other stuff?
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by ast.riske » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 pm

You're not a bother. This is what a forum is for.

I would downsize to 12g to let it heal. Once you've given your ears a good 6-8 weeks, try stretching to 10g again. You should be in better shape. Taking it slow and easy will save you from this kind of thing in the future, too. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Mariah_Leigh » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:10 pm

haha thanks

I would do that.. but... The only 12s i have, lost a cone, SO! Im scared to use them, in fear of losing them.
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by Mariah_Leigh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Meh...

I just took them out.... I think I'm going to go forward with gauging in a couple ears...:/ When i have money and I'm more knowledgeable
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Honestly, that's probably for the best. I know it's hard to wait but stretching can be a permanent modification and it's best to wait 'til you know as much as possible and have the means to do it correctly. Maybe in the meantime you could try some fake plugs? A lot of them look like the real thing!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Mariah_Leigh » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 am

Fake plugs? seriously?

Thats like buying Airwalk looking converse and saying that you paid just as much for them... Theres no satisfaction in wearing fake ones. You don't feel as cool and confident. Like for me, when I up-ed sizes and my lobes had that familiar burning sensation, I walked a little taller. I endured stretching my ears another size. Go me. I did something most of America won't do. I am ripping my ears on purpose, and I love it. Go big or go home.

So wearing fake ones, would make me FEEL like a fake. A loser. Like I couldn't endure the pain, when in fact, I can.

Oh geez... theres my rant for the day.
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 am

There's nothing wrong with wearing fake plugs. Stretching is a serious, permanent modification and for people who don't want to stretch due to age, dress codes at work, etc. they're a great alternative. Some of them look very real!

Also, you shouldn't have a burning sensation or any pain at all when you stretch... and if they are "ripping" something is seriously wrong. If you stretch slowly and carefully there is no pain to endure!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:50 am

i know i know

And the whole pain thing... I liked...

that sounds emo.

But i loved the burning sensation.
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by ast.riske » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Honestly, who cares what the other people might think? Are you stretching for you or them? Something I learned in high school was that it really didn't matter what the people around me thought of me. Regardless of what I did they still viewed me the same way.

Point is, if you want the stretched look, but can't do it now, there's no shame in looking at faux plugs. Some even have O-rings on them to look more real. If, on the other hand, you are stretching for the experience, you may just have to wait for now. It sucks to hear, but it is what it is.

I know that a lot of people in high school are all into stretching their lobes right now to show how hardcore they are. They will regret it later. It's not about the pain. If they really wanted to prove they were hardcore they would go and do scarification. That shit hurts. HURTS. Especially with the aftercare regimen. Irritating the wound, pulling off the scabs to reopen the wound, scrubbing, alcohol... Yeah. Constant pain for weeks or months. That's hardcore. Lol

Point is, earlobe stretching is not something that should hurt. If you like the burn, when you turn 18 you should try getting a tattoo. Be careful, though. It's addictive. Lol
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Word. There are lots of painful modifications out there, but stretching is not one of them. Even if you can handle/enjoy the pain, stretching shouldn't be painful. For example, today I stretched from 8mm to 9mm and I didn't even feel it; it just felt like I was putting in a tight pair of plugs. That's how it should be. If you're experiencing pain, that's a good indication that you're causing damage that's going to make your ears look gross in the future. So it's not about avoiding the pain, it's just about wanting healthy lobes that look nice.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself