Hiya!

If you're new to the community, introduce yourself in here.

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:10 am

Heya!

I'm Mariah. I'm 14.

I'm new to the stretching community, sorta... I've been stretching for about a month or so... And I'm up to a 8. I plan on going to a 4.

If you have any tips for me, awesome.
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Hey Mariah. Welcome to the boards!

If you have only been stretching for a month and you're already at an 8g you should slow down. if you started with a standard piercing, it should have taken a good 7-8 months to get there. I know you're trying to have big, beautiful lobes, and taking it slow will ensure you get there with the best results you can have.

I'd encourage you to stay at 8g for a couple of months and let your ears really heal up well, then give each stretch 1-2 months to heal. Be sure you don't skip sizes. The small sizes are important for the foundation of your stretching in the future. Also, if you are going to 0g or above, be sure to consider stopping at 1g to make the transition from 2g to 0g easier. : )

Hopefully some or all of his helps you have a happy stretching career. Again welcome! Feel free to read up on the advice given and join in on the conversation. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Hey!

Thanks..

I understand the whole going slow thing, but the fast stretching is totally fine cause I clean it like crazy. But thats not an excuse..

I know im stretching really fast... but im stopping at a 4 so.. im almost done :)
8 G 1st piercing. Ears (My 8s have been retired momentarily. Should be coming back in a couple years.)
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Taking it slow is not about keeping it clean, it's about healing. Cleaning too often is no better than not cleaning at all. Regardless of the goal size, you can end up doing permanent damage by going too fast. Especially now. Your next stretch is your first full millimeter stretch and it's a tough one. You can't afford to rush it or you'll definitely hurt your ears. Stretching shouldn't be painful and the 6g stretch can really hurt if you rush it.

The other thing to keep in mind is that, even if you are only aiming to reach 4g, you may change your mind later and want to go bigger. If you scar up your lobes now, you won't give yourself the foundation won't be set for safe, healthy stretching later.

Tl;dr

Cleaning isn't a substitute for healing. I strongly urge you to slow down.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks.

I'm not sure what to really say other than that once I get to 6, I'll be there for a while... Mainly because its bigger.. way bigger.. aaaaaaand....The person doing my gauging, is only to a 6 and doesnt have 4s... that I know of... And I'll be at this 8 for another week since I had an unfortunate thing happen with one on my gauges.... But I completely understand where youre coming from.. I really do, and I appreciate what youre trying to say, buuuuuut... I know for a fact that the highest I'm ever willing going is a 0 and will most likely be staying at a 4 because schools dont hire unique individuals with body modification that are distracting..

This prolly has nothing to do with what youre saying/ but.. yup :) thanks again.
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:57 pm

you long time stretchers are gonna kill me for what imma do but... yea

I had to take my 8s out yesterday because my mom doesnt approve.. and... my ears shrunk back real fast...

But on Saturday.... my friend is upping me to a 6...

*Start scolding the newbie*
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Please, please, please do your ears a favor and go one size at a time. Also, do not have a friend or even a piercer stretch your ears. They cannot feel your pain and they can't listen to your body like you can. When you stretch you should always stop if you feel pain/a lot of resistance... which you're definitely going to have if you go straight to 6G. Please just don't do it.

Look at this link: http://m260.photobucket.com/albums/blowoutslideshow Click through the pictures. That's what can happen if you stretch too fast. It doesn't matter if you "clean it like crazy;" cleaning can actually make things worse if you're using something harsh like soap, peroxide, alcohol, etc. Cleaning doesn't heal tissue, it only kills bacteria. Sometimes it kills good bacteria and prolongs healing.

Stretching your ears should never, ever be rushed. It doesn't matter if your friends say "I stretched fast and I was fine!" If they were fine they're extremely lucky. Do you want healthy, happy lobes that don't hurt to stretch? Or do you want blowouts and tears and ears full of scar tissue? If you want the first option, keep your lobes at the size they are for now, stick around these forums, and learn some things before you stretch again. Your ears will thank you.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Also, if you're 14 and your parents don't want you to have stretched ears you probably should wait. I mean, if they made you take them out before they'll make you take them out again, and if you keep taking them out/stretching back up you are going to RUIN your ears. And that would be a shame at such a young age... I don't think you realize you could be doing permanent damage to your body.

Remember, we're not saying this for us, we're saying it for you. Please take some time and learn some things. You're 14, you have a long time ahead of you to stretch!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Mariah_Leigh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:27 pm

hhahah!

I has expecting this.

Welp. The friend doing my ears is also a stretcher. She know's my pain tolerance and only does what I can handle.. :)

The cleaning solution I am using is whats left over from when I got my ears pierced so I think Its a pretty good cleaning solution to use.

As of the age thing and the parental thing.. well...

idk what to say.. because I am fully aware of what I am doing to my body... Trust me... Stretching is just something I've always wanted to do and Imma stretch up to a 4 and stop.. I'm going to try to get my stretching high in now, because after college I plan on being a teacher... so.. I can't get to big.

But anyways...

Yes, I am fully aware that I am doing body modification and it causes permanent scar tissue
reg piercing 2nd.Ears

Hope to Get.
Spider bites.
Nose.
Tongue.
Mariah_Leigh

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm

But the thing is, stretching shouldn't be painful. Why don't you just do the stretches yourself? And why can't you just go one size at a time?

Also, the ear piercing solution is crap. People who pierce ears with guns and give out that solution are not professionals. The best way to care for a piercing is to soak it in a solution of 1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water for 5-10 minutes each day. This actually promotes healing because salt is already in your body, it does't contain a bunch of harsh chemicals that just kill everything in sight like cleaning solutions, peroxide, soaps, etc.

I'm going to be a teacher too, but I'll be stretching to 00G next week. I probably won't go bigger, but I might. I waited until I was 18 to even have my ears pierced and I took over two years to get to my current size. I know you say you're only going to 4G but you never know; most people do end up going beyond their original goal size.

Utlimately, it's up to you what you do to your body, but you are being offered some GOOD advice and I promise you will have better results if you take it than if you don't.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself