omerica organic

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by matty » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:10 am

I was curious if anyone has ever bought any of there wooden plugs and what you experience was with them wether good or bad
matty

by stashapistachio » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:26 am

Omerica is LURRRVVELY!
The finish is lovely and smooth, handmade in America. And soooo pretty! My wishlist is ever-growing. They really are cool.
I have 2 pairs, and bought my bf one. He can't wear them yet, but he likes to look at them :)

Depends what you want to buy really. Plain stuff, is still good, its on the higher end of average with price. Theres lots of kinda good-average wood around.
But I think omerica isn't to be beat with laser engraving and inlays and just super cool designs.
My wishlist is ever-growing... I want globes, bananas, moustaches, brits and medics most atm. And CZs and cupcakes >.<

If you're international though, shipping can be a bitch. I hate fed-ex! Even if it is a 'free upgrade'! They ALWAYS get customs fees, and I'm always out. The depots well over an hour away D:
Though I did get them in a week and a half, including make time. I'd still go through BAF if possible. Too much fed-ex faff :/
stashapistachio

by matty » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:50 am

awesome, i've been drooling over all there plugs for months, even tho i'm not gonna buy any right now since i'm only at a 8g and my goal size is 00g, but yea they seem like great quality a lil high in price but good quality doesn't come cheap, haha your poor bf must be tought haveing some badass plugs he can't wear yet, yea my wish-list is pretty massive on there as well probably like 300 ta 400 bucks worth of stuff if I had tha money, thanks for tha info i'ma go and drool over there selection now, like those kick ass grenades & elephants
matty

by stashapistachio » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:07 am

I bought him 3 really nice pairs, and 3 sort of more basic pairs for xmas.
All 5/8", which is the goal size he EVENTUALLY chose.

So now he has something to look forward to and look at (and he can stop saying he's going to have bigger ears than me, buahahah >.<)
He can't bitch at me for spending all my money on jewellerys either. I bet he picks up my habit!
I think he's about 2g atm? I don't remember. His stretching plugs are all the same plain steel, so its hard to tell.
A way to go anywho.
stashapistachio

by magalo le matelot » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:35 pm

They are AMAZING. They so well-made, all polished to a natural finish, when I got them they smelled burned wood for days I LIKE this haha. Everyone keeps telling me how pretty they are. The light reflect on the paua stone in the middle.
Weirdly, I find them hard to get in. I never had problems with double-flares but these are tricky, problably because of the dryness of the wood.

And the thing about international shipping is true... my boyfriend payed 20$ for the customs. (and the shipping is already 15$) So 35$ for the shipping to ship to Canada !
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by miles11we » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:22 am

Idk, i bought one pair from them and ended up sending them back, they had a gash in the face of one of them (which wasnt a big deal considering they were just reg plugs and had a diff face that was good), i checked the size with a pair of calipers and they were a couple hundredths too small (1/16th of an inch = 0.0625 inches) and as a wood worker myself i know that the wood i purchased my plugs in (Bloodwood) can take on a brilliant shine and mine were dull and were probably sanded only to 600 grit.. and when talking about extremely hard woods like ebonies, vera, bloodwood etc, you should go all the way up to well over double that.
miles11we

Return to Jewelry Discussion