Nice glass plugs?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Gutterflower » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Oh, wow. Those are beautiful! They look pretty big.

Thank you for the link, too! You should see my bookmarks now, haha. :P How comfortable do you reckon glass plugs are?
All the way from the land of the self-conscious zombies.
................The food service industry there is really goddamn terrible.
Gutterflower

by Acacia » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Wow stashapistachio, those frozenfire are amazing. Wish I was in the us...
Acacia

by stashapistachio » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Stone and glass are definitely my favourite materials :)
Depends what size you are, but solid glass can be sort of heavy, though I never noticed at 5/8", I kinda do now at 1". Its not a problem anyway.
Not rivalling silicone for comfort, but the right wearable and its not at all uncomfy. My glass eyelets are amazing, comfier than most of my other jewellery. And they don't really get cold like metals.

Want anything specific?
I'm on a jewellery binge XD
Need to bulk up my glass and stone again...
stashapistachio

by stashapistachio » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Acacia wrote:Wow stashapistachio, those frozenfire are amazing. Wish I was in the us...

I live in the uk.
Frozenfire holds my fastest ever abroad postage record, at three days. I was impressed :D
And he marks it to avoid customs charges

America has most of the best jewellery, and cheaper than UK sites too. Because in part of exchange rate and whatever import fees.
As long as you're not desperate, you definately shouldn't be afraid. On average stuff takes two weeks, I've only ever had one returned to sender, and one take longer than a month. And I buy a LOT.
stashapistachio

by Acacia » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:14 pm

stashapistachio wrote:
Acacia wrote:Wow stashapistachio, those frozenfire are amazing. Wish I was in the us...

I live in the uk.
Frozenfire holds my fastest ever abroad postage record, at three days. I was impressed :D
And he marks it to avoid customs charges

America has most of the best jewellery, and cheaper than UK sites too. Because in part of exchange rate and whatever import fees.
As long as you're not desperate, you definately shouldn't be afraid. On average stuff takes two weeks, I've only ever had one returned to sender, and one take longer than a month. And I buy a LOT.

Maybe you have different custom/tax rules, because here (Denmark), even if it is marked as a gift, it will still be taxed if it is valued at above $15. It's a real problem. There is sooo much stuff (for my ears) I would love to buy.
Acacia

by stashapistachio » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:21 pm

I think its a gift with a value of less than $40 here?
But most small people [like etsy] are quite happy to mark it worth $1 :) Its not insured, so they don't care.
BAF will mark it gift, but don't change the value. I only get less than half taxable parcels attacked by customs anyways. Much higher rate around xmas :/
stashapistachio

by Gutterflower » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 am

That's awesome. :D I don't plan on stretching past 0g (might eat my words at that stage but I've got a ways to go before I can even make a firm decision on it) so glass seems like a pretty good option.

I'm not really concerned about the material being too cold, I'm in Australia and the heat is usually pretty unrelenting. :lol: So it should be alright. I really want some nerdy kind of plugs as sadly I'm that type.
All the way from the land of the self-conscious zombies.
................The food service industry there is really goddamn terrible.
Gutterflower

by stashapistachio » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 am

Gutterflower wrote:
I'm not really concerned about the material being too cold, I'm in Australia and the heat is usually pretty unrelenting. :lol: So it should be alright. I really want some nerdy kind of plugs as sadly I'm that type.

Lol, I bought pacman, NES and umbrella corp plugs pretty recently >.<
None glass though.

I dn't really worry about the cold apart from snowy winter, then I just avoid metal, and wear a hat/earmuffs. My ears have yet to fall off, but its best to be safe :)
stashapistachio

by WindowLicker » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:13 am

I haven't had a ton of glass plugs as I've been trying not to buy anything too expensive till I know which size I'm staying at, however I've had many liquid glass plugs and have no complaints. As much as I really don't want to support them, you can get them at hot topic most times or go to the website
http://liquid-glass.com/
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

by Acacia » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 pm

stashapistachio wrote:I think its a gift with a value of less than $40 here?
But most small people [like etsy] are quite happy to mark it worth $1 :) Its not insured, so they don't care.
BAF will mark it gift, but don't change the value. I only get less than half taxable parcels attacked by customs anyways. Much higher rate around xmas :/

Ok, then they're more strict this side of the channel *lol*, bacause even if it is a gift and marked $1, they can still claim that it is in fact worth more and then it is up to me to prove them wrong....

But I might just take the chance anyway one day, cos those are sooooo beautiful!
Acacia

Previous

Return to Jewelry Discussion