Best for 14 and 12g Fresh stretch

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Hybrid » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:07 am

Well my patience has paid off, for the most part. I waited 6 months after I got my ears pierced to go from 16g to 14g, the only reason i was at 16g is because my friend had an extra and it slid right in so I kept it. Sadly I have no good jewelry places around here and had to get a couple things from Hot Topic to strech up with. Right now I've just got a 14g...something in... I went ahead and got the 12g taper as well since it is buy one get one half off, but I need something to switch to after a week or so for my 14g and might as well order something for the 12g as well. Any suggestions on what to get and where to get it from? I'm going to keep going so I'm trying to find something that I can use for the couple months that i'm going to stay at both sizes.
Hybrid

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:22 am

im a little confused about what you're saying. let me get this straight. you waited 6 months at the 16g (good job!) and have now stretched both ears to 14g? is that correct? and you plan on stretching to 12g (hopefully in a few weeks, i assume).

if that is true, i have a few questions?
.type of jewelry: what does the 14g look like? is it a spiral, or a cresent shaped piece? or is it a straight bar with two balls on the end? pics might help

.do you have just one taper or two in size 12g? you technically only need one, but you need size 12 plugs as well, either single or no flare. acrylic is fine, but glass and steel are better, albeit more expensive.

as for places to buy, id say online is the best way to go if you cannot find a store. bodyartforms, bodyjewelryshop and ebay are good places to look.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Hybrid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 am

Sorry, I'm not good at explaining things and often confuse people. Just bad at it I guess, but yeah I stayed at the 16g for about 5 months really. I wanted to make sure that my ear was completely healed before I started stretching. I only have my left pierced, so I only need one plug or taper, but I do indeed have two. Right now at 14g I have a straight acrylic plug with no flare held on by o-rings. I have some 14g "?pinchers?" that came with it. My ears are stretchy enough i was able to dead stretch to the 14g after a really hot shower, and that was last friday. I was planning on getting something to wear at 14g for 4-6 weeks before I try the 12g taper. I was going to order a steel or glass plug or something online, but was going to get the 14 and 12g at the same time so i can wear the 14g for a while then already have my stuff for 12g when I'm ready to do that. I just want to know what the best type of jewelry to wear in a fresh stretch is, and where is a good place to get it from. Hope I didn't further confuse you. :) Thanks in advance.
Hybrid

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:21 pm

ok, that makes much more sense. as far as i can tell you are doing everything right, because if you wait long enough and there is no open wound/tear/irritation, then it honestly doesnt matter what types of plugs you get, because theres no open sore to get infected, you know?

but, for a "fresh" stretch, glass and steel or titanium is best. you can use acrylic too (thats what i have until i get to a bigger size, its way cheaper), as long as you clean it regularly. just some soap and water in the shower everyday is fine.

and like i said, bodyartforms, bodyjewelryshop and ebay are good places to look.

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Hybrid » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 am

Well I decided to go get me some new stuff at 14g because my lobes are real thick and this plug kinda worries me. I dont' want it falling out on me during the night. Figured I got some legit stuff to keep me happy for around another month or more before I stretch.

Hybrid

by StrickyCub » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:30 am

Wicked jewellery. Also I'd recommend wearing the one on the bottom left hand of that pic. The bigger balls on it look like they'd be heavy enough to also gradually stretch your lobes a little more, making it even easier for you to go to 12g once you're ready.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by Hybrid » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Yeah, they do seem to be a bit heavier, but I really like the dice and the green points. I'll probably start wearing the other ones around christmas time for around two weeks. As long as I give my ears time they seem to stretch really well.
Hybrid

by Hybrid » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Sorry to double post, but would something like THIS be good for me to wear right after I stretch up to 12g? Seems pretty cool to me.
Hybrid

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:51 pm

yes, those are great for jewelry in a fresh stretch. you can even stretch with it :)

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Hybrid » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Awesome seeing as how I just spent $16 dollars on 14g stuff, I see no reason why I should order these now; go ahead and get me some legit plugs!!! I'm thinking just get me one set, I really wish I could get one of two different colors since I've only got one ear pierced. I might look around to see if any place sells just one that way I can get a couple colors. Thanks for all the advice :)
Hybrid

Return to Jewelry Discussion