How long to wait for wood plugs?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by newbie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:58 pm

I recently stretched from a 2 to 0ga but took about a month or more doing it. How long should I wait to put in wood plugs? My wife got me some single flare 0ga from omerica and didn't know how long I should wait. right now im using 0ga tigers eye stone plugs.

by aBn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 pm

i would wait atleast a month after stretching before i wore wood or stone. organics are porous and can harbor bacteria thats why they are bad for freshly streched lobes. when u do decide to wear your wood plugs be sure to keep them oiled and dont let them get too dry in your lobe :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by mouse2cat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm

In addition to it being porous and potentially harboring bacteria. Wood also has a tendency to be "grabby" and give you more friction inserting and taking it out. That could irritate healing tissue and may prolong the healing process. Or worst case scenario give you a micro tear.

That said Omerica are very high quality and well polished so you probably will be fine regardless.
mouse2cat

by aBn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:10 pm

thats why u keep them oiled and dont let them get too dry in your lobes. they only grab if u let them get to dry :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

Return to Jewelry Discussion