Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 am

Ohh, cool. I had no idea GG did custom orders directly from them. Might try that someday. I saw that they have them in several colors on Steel Navel up to 1", and they have most of the colors I'd want so that's good.

I just got home and found my BAF order in the mail. Check out my "purple" hangies: [url]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/ThereG0esMyGun/130207_0006_zpsfbe3e4f5.jpg
[/url]
They are still really pretty and I don't think I'll sell them (can't return them since they're out of the baggies) but I was surprised to say the least! I'm only gonna be able to wear them on special occasions because they're really heavy and hard to get in (they pinch my ears going in and out). But I really liked the way they looked on.
I was really happy with those steel tunnels you recommended. Didn't put them in since they're externally threaded and my lobes were a little sore from trying on the hangies but I definitely think they'll make my lobes look huge like you said. I was really happy with everything else. The "merlot" colorfronts were really pretty but not quite what I expected. They were like white around the edges on the other side and I've never seen colorfronts like that before. It's not visible from the front, just kinda odd. I might take a picture of those when I get a chance. I also got steel tunnels with sapphire gems which I was really happy with.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 am

Didn't get to see the purple hanging ones, the link didn't work for some reason, but I'm sure they're beautiful-I didn't even think of that, that they may be heavier than usual with it being stone. I've never had any stone hanging styles before, but I'd like to. I'm glad you liked those steel tunnels-I really thought those in particular were one of those styles where you kind of have to see them in person. I think I know what you mean w/the gemmed ones; they have like one big gem instead of lots of little ones? I really like those ones, I think Anatometal makes a version of them that are pretty expensive, but then they have the more affordable brands version of them too. I think Metal Mafia makes something like that. I remember seeing blue ones & purple ones and I wanted either of them, but I think they were sold out in my size. But I wouldn't mind getting a few of those GG plain colorfronts too-I'll have to take a look on Steel Navel & see what they have. I really like that teal color, but I also wouldn't mind having grey and there's this swirly color, I think they called it Blue-amber or something like that. I'd asked GG about an item on their FB page, & they just told me to send an email to them, so I don't know-I would think they'd have assumed I was just asking as an individual and not a wholesaler since I was just asking about one item, but I don't know. But the next BAF sale is 3/16 & 3/17 for 20% off, & it's LUCK2013. I'm hoping those blue/yellow power hoops are still there by that time!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:35 am

Oops, I'll try the link again. They're not purple, they're green! Really surprised me. They are gorgeous though, they have lots of different shades in them.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/ThereG0esMyGun/130207_0006_zpsfbe3e4f5.jpg

Yeah, I think the gemmed ones I got are Metal Mafia. The color is sapphire. They made my lobes look really small when I put them in but they're cute.

Thanks for that BAF code! I just realized you can do surveys about your previous orders for $1 order credit each! I have 31 previous orders so I am really excited, haha. I'm also submitting some product reviews. What's the points to dollars ratio on the reviews/photos for order credit? Like how many points does it take to get a dollar?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by aBn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm

i looked at my baf account and its 5 cents per point corazon. i have a question and i think this is the right place to ask since there are two beautiful women with great taste in jewelry. what kind and size of plugs do you think look best on guys? i stick mainly to steel tunnels, kaos and glass. i want to get some onetribe wood and stone plugs but i want to be at my goal size before i invest too much because they arent cheap. :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Oh thanks, 5 cents per point is pretty good! I wish I had a good enough camera to take pictures. Maybe if I get another phone I'll be able to.

I think it just depends on the person and what their style is. When my boyfriend had stretched lobes he wore nothing but black and clear earskins (that was before there was a lot of info about stretching and I dont think he knew silicone shouldn't be worn all the time!) but I think wood, stone, even class plugs can look great on guys. As for size I personally prefer about 5/8 to an inch but again it really just depends on the person.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm

I don't know that I have any specific preferences when it comes to guys w/stretched ears as far as size-I mean, I can't recall a time where I've see a guy w/stretched ears & disliked it. Although I guess now that I think of it, have you ever seen it where someone will go to a really huge size, & it's almost as though they don't have enough skin to accommodate that large a size? That can look kind of weird. Or sometimes you'll see where a guy will stretch just one ear, & I think that looks a little bizarre. But to each his own I guess.

But as far as the styles of plugs I like for guys, I think that most plugs in general work for both girls & guys. I mean, I guess if something was like, Hello Kitty, or had ponies or unicorns on it that may be a bit girly, but the majority of plugs I see have a more unisex style. So I guess the plugs I think look really good on guys are often plugs I just like in general, whether it was a girl or guy wearing them. I guess it depends on the guy's individual style. Although now that I think of it, the past few times I've seen a guy w/stretched ears & really took notice to the plugs he was wearing, it was concave plugs. But I like concave plugs in general, so I'd have noticed them on a girl as well. But I do think they look good on a guy :)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by akPhilly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Wow,those hanging ones are georgeous! I think I like the blue/green color even better than the purple, but I'm usually partial to blues & greens over pinks & purples. But also, I've always really loved any greenish stone stuff because it reminds me of the movie 'Apacalypto' & how alot of those people were wearing jade or some kind of green stone. But I looked on the site last night & they have some of those Metal Mafia gemmed ones back in stock in my size in a faux tanzanite, so they're like a purplish-blue, & I definitely want a pair of those. Anatometal has some like that in a white/clear gem, but they're like, a few hundred dollars I think, & I just couldn't justify spending that much on cubic zirconia. For a few hundred bucks,I'd rather have something in sterling silver or maybe something from Relic Stoneworks or something like that. But I do really like the style. Although I'm surprised they make your holes look smaller? I'd have thought if anything, they'd make them look larger since they're sparkly. But I know for me, after getting those threaded steel ones, it seems like everything looks smaller in comparison. Like here's a pic of them & then some Kaos, & normally I think Kaos makes them look bigger, but even the Kaos seems way smaller put next to those steel ones.
ImageImage
But that's pretty cool that you have 31 surveys built up! And then with the little bit extra from submitting reviews & your 10%, you should have enough to get something really nice for that much, plus the shipping will be free. LOL, I've never had much of an accumulation of survey dollars because I pretty much use them as soon as I get them!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by aBn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 pm

thanks for the insight ladies. yeh my style is subtle and not very flashy. so i usually stick to plugs that arent to flashy thats why i was suprised i liked my galaxies as much as i do. i agree with you philly i hate seeing people with huge stretched ears and their ears look mangled or too thin. i always have black kaos is every size i have been at also corazon. i always look at the clear too but end up getting white or blue.i love my kaos but i never wear them very long. ive always wanted a pair of anatometal titanium tunnels and i almost bought some with the last baf sale but im happy i didnt since i decided to go to 5/8. i am gonna get these when i get to 5/8 https://www.onetribe.nu/products/superi ... tone-plugs and https://www.onetribe.nu/products/harmon ... iger-ebony i like the harmony wood plugs because 1 side is convex and the other is concave :twisted:
aBn

by akPhilly » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 am

Are the galaxy ones the Glasswear Studio ones from BAF? Cause I really like those, & the planet ones too! They're definitely on my wishlist, & sometime when they have a sale I want to get ones like that. But the onetribe ones are really nice-I especially like those concave wooden ones. If you like organic jewelry, there's this one site you might like, http://www.intrepidjewelry.com . They have alot of really nice organic stuff. I've only bought one pair of stone plugs from them so far, but I plan to get more from there. And one thing w/Intrepid, they have to have the most impressive packaging I've ever seen :) . They give you this really beautiful little cushioned & lined box w/a partition down the middle for each plug, & then it also comes w/ 2 little fabric pouches too, one for each plug. I just thought it was pretty cool;I'd never had plugs come in such a special little box. And they have tiger eye plugs alot like the ones on Onetribe, but for less money. They also have alot of really beautiful hanging styles
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by aBn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 am

yeh the galaxies are from gws on baf. i have the copper/diamond ones and they are awesome.you should check out the rainbow ones the color and shine are impressive. they have some similar plugs on etsy you might like called "frozen fire". thanks for the site i havent seen that one before, i will check it out im really starting to like organics. onetribes stuff is really nice but you are right they are EXPENSIVE. one cool thing about onetribe is you can look at their bulk raw materials and get a pair custom made for you :twisted:
aBn

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion