Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:18 am

They're 0g. I'm really happy with the size of them. I wanted something that was a good size,but not huge. I like them so well I wouldn't mind getting a pair in honey, though in this more rounded style,on BAF anyway,they only seem to have black,clear,& ocean. But in the style where it's more flattened at the bottom like the photo of the girl w/the one in her conch,they have them in honey,& the other colors too. But they're a great price for what you're getting. I also really, really love those GWS clear honeycomb plugs I got-they're amazing,& I've worn them every day since I got them. I keep thinking they're my first GWS,but I keep forgetting about those plain no flare clear tunnels I had at 1/2". But they were just a simple pair & didn't have a design. But anyway,I was really impressed with how nice they were, & so crystal clear. The only thing is the back flare is really small. Everyone kept saying how huge they thought the flares were in the reviews,but I didn't think so.Maybe it's just my pair.No biggie though,I just put an o-ring on the back. They somehow look like they're lit from within,& actually, my bf said it looked like I had LED lights in my ears :lol:

But I'm looking forward to that sale too! I saw these awesome plugs on GWS's FB page,& they're not available on BAF yet :(.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater With my luck,they probably will be right after the sale.I've always loved anything with scarabs on them & my mom used to have one of those bracelets where they carve the stones to look like scarabs & it reminds me of that. But the next sale is April 6-7,so maybe by then.I've never pre-ordered anything before,but I would with these.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by aBn » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:30 am

those gg captives look really good on you thru the earskins ;)
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Sorry I've been taking forever to come back to this thread, I'm been soooo busy with homework. Did you get anything in the BAF sale? I got an opalite end for one of my Neometal labrets for my nostrils since I had bought one from someone on JE a while ago, and a pair of sea blue pearl earskins. I still had $3.99 in order credit so I was going to try to find a cheap pair of acrylic or steel plugs and pay the difference but I didn't really see anything I wanted so I decided to save the order credit.

I really think I want to go to 5/8", so I don't think I'm going to get too much in 1/2". I'm already trying to sell a couple things on JE that I don't absolutely love so I can save up to get bigger plugs.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 am

Yeah,I ended up getting the snakes & the concave faux turquoise ones.I didn't have quite enough to get the earkskins too.But I can just wear the snakes with my white earskins for now.The next sale is Apr 6-7,so maybe I'll pick them up then. Although lately,I've been thinking about bringing back my septum piercing.I know it's definitely closed,it's been over 10yrs since I had anything in there.At the time,I was convinced it didn't look good.But looking back,I think that it may not have been the piercing, & more the jewelry.Back then,you just didn't have the choices you do now with jewelry,so there was literally a choice of maybe a cbr and a horseshoe, in one diameter, & that was it.And whatever that standard size diameter is for that type of jewelry, it kind of hangs down alot.In recent years,I've been noticing girls wearing much shorter rings & horseshoes,& I think it looks alot better.I don't exactly have the smallest nose in the world,but I think that that 'standard' diameter is just kind of large for alot of girls faces.If I did it,I'd have to get it pierced w/a retainer,so I'd need jewelry.I thought of it when I got those ocean GG cbr's-I was thinking about how a little ocean colored pincher would look,like in a 10g, or 8g.

You'll probably need 9/16" stuff by the next sale anyway. But they'll likely ship my order tomorrow,so hopefully by the end of the week it'll be here :D
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Did you get those snakes yet? I bet they're really cool. I got my BAF order a couple days ago, all I got was another opal Neometal end and sea blue pearl earskins I put the earskins in and my lobes looked huge, but I still think I'm gonna stretch bigger. It will be a while since I have no money, haha.
Yeah I used to feel the same way about septum piercings, I didn't like them because I had mostly only seen people wear really oversized jewelry. I wear a tiny 14G circular barbell with a 1/4" diameter and 3mm balls. I also have a really little 14G pincher for it that looks even smaller.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Yeah, the snakes came last week & I really love them! I'm glad I ended up getting them-they're really not nearly as impractical as I was thinking they'd be, & I've actually worn them quite alot since I got them. But they're perfectly matched & the glass is really so much prettier in person. I got those cheap concave turquoise ones too, I've worn them alot lately too. They were a good buy,& I really like how they're concave. I'm hoping to get a few extra bucks before the next sale-there's a few pairs I really want,& they're inexpensive,but when there's a few that you want, it adds up. They're these ones, http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... ctID=13391 and then they have a steel style with owls,& I love owls,& they do have wood owl ones,but I was always afraid the details wouldn't show well at my size,& I think they will in the steel. And I love those compass ones-usually I go for more simple stuff,but something about them I just really like. And then I want some Kaos,the sea blue like yours & clear for my snakes.Although I've just been using my white ones w/them & it looks fine. But I really love the snakes,& I'm hoping down the road to get those Mullosk ones Somatic has-actually, if you order directly off Somatic's site, you can get the styles up to 5/8". But these are the snakes through the earskins:
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by aBn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 am

those are awesome. they look like baby vipers thru your lobes. im ready to get to 5/8 so i can buy some nice concave plugs. onetribe has started making a new wood style called crater plugs and they have a really deep concave that looks really good
aBn

by akPhilly » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:20 am

Yeah,I really love concave styles-I took a look at Onetribe, they have some beautiful things. I hadn't been on that site for quite some time-I was under the impression that all their stuff was a fortune, which they do have some pretty expensive pieces,but they also have many reasonable ones as well. I really love those crater ones, & I liked their mayan flare tunnels. Their wooden rings are beautiful too, but pretty expensive. But the faux turquoise ones I got from BAF were under $15, & I like them alot. I think that concave styles somehow will end up looking larger in your ear than a similar flat or domed style. BAF also has these concave hematite ones I really want,but they've been sold out of my size for a long time :( . But these are the real inexpensive ones I got from BAF:
http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=9144
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by aBn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 am

yeh the concave really does make them look bigger. onetribe is very nice quality but they are pretty expensive. their wood isnt too bad tho and i will definatly be getting those crater plugs when i get to 5/8. i like hematite because of the weight of them, im ordering some soon to help me naturally stretch. i dont know which company i want to get them from tho because i bought some black agate from diablo and the flare is way to small. my 1/2 galaxies look bigger than my 9/16 diablos stone :x
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Those snakes are badass! The concave plugs are too.
I think I do want to go up to 5/8". Plugs just look so much better at that size. And spirals already seem a little too big at 1/2" so I'm not really missing out... The only problem is I won't have the money to get a collection going for a while so I'll probably still be at 1/2" for another several months. I probably won't get much in 9/16", probably just a couple pairs. How were the 1/2" to 9/16" and 9/16" to 5/8" stretches for you guys?
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion