Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 pm

That's good to know,because I wasn't sure if Infinite did punches or if it was even done in PA. I love the look of stretched conches-I don't even have mine pierced yet,& I really want to. But I heard it's something like every 4-6 months between stretches? Plus healing time,so that would take forever. It would look cool though-the guy who does the Youtube videos for King's body jewelry has 5/8" lobes and 0g conches & it looks so cool. I especially like it when people wear a clear earskin or clear glass plug if they have their conches stretched, or when they kind of coordinate it with their earlobe plugs. If you ever are in Philly & end up going to Infinite to get anything done, they say on their website if you're there to get pierced to come in at least a half hour before closing, but I would suggest making it at least an hour before, if it happens to be at night time. I ended up ordering directly off Omerica's site rather than going back-I was deciding between a few styles,& the one I went with they didn't have. But I still want to go back for this other pair I wanted, these really nice flourite mayan flares. I really like flourite,but I'm always leary of ordering it online because stone can vary so much,& I like it when it's really stripey, so there I could pick out the exact pair I wanted. But I'm excited to get those Omerica's,they'll be my first ones from them. Although it says you have to put jojoba oil on them from time to time,but does vitamin e work ok for wood? They'll also be my first wood plugs at all,so I don't know anything about wood.

Oh,I'm thinking about getting those New Earth plugs-you have them, right? I really like them,but w/the light color, how well does it show up when you have then on?
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 am

Yeah, my conch piercings took 1-2 years to heal. I got the second one done in September of 2011 and I don't know if I'd even try to stretch it yet. I'm a pretty slow healer so I'd probably have to wait more than 6 months between sizes... and the 8G-6G stretch was hard enough with my lobes, I can't imagine cartilage! You can pre-order in-between sizes on BAF though so I'd probably use those. I think I'd want them done at 2G since it's not too big or too small.
What Omerica plugs did you end up getting? I'm not sure if you can use vitamin E oil, I think you can but I wouldn't swear to it. I know what you mean about fluorite, I thought about getting some from BAF but the customer photos didn't look as nice as the stock photos. It seems like it would be a lot better at bigger sizes.

Too bad I can't make it to Philly sooner. I just found out the piercer I always went to quit. She was awesome. Now I have no idea where to find a decent piercer around here. :( I wish I would've gotten my triangle done by her when I had the chance.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:36 am

Wow,that's a long healing time. I figured it'd probably be along those lines, I mean, most cartilage piercings are. And I know if I feel my ear, my conch feels thicker than my outer cartilage. Maybe when I do it I'll just get them done one at a time-I wanted to do both together,but maybe it'd be better to do them separate. But I know what you mean about that flourite-it seems like unless you're like, 2", you're kind of taking a risk. I've seen smaller sizes where it'll look practically clear,or it doesn't have the stripes. That's why I liked the idea of mayan flares for that,because there was a bigger surface area & it had alot of stripes. I think the may be by Oracle organics-I saw a similar pair on BAF.I'd assume it'd be cheaper to order from there,but I'd rather pay a bit more & get to pick the pair I want. I was tempted to place another order though tonight;three items I've been waiting for came back in stock,so I was like, Uh-oh. I really don't know if I'll be able to hold out til the 16th. I'm going to try & if I end up going back for those flourite plugs then I definitely have to try.

But that sucks that your piercer isn't there anymore :( . Do you happen to know where she went? I guess you never know w/that industry-back in Nov., Infinite added another piercer to the staff,& the guy they hired relocated all the way from Oregon! I don't even know how they'd think to offer the position to someone all the way in Oregon,but I guess they all probably know each other from conventions. But you could always message them on Facebook to ask them about the dermal punching. They have alot of pics of jewelry they sell too. The Omericas I decided on were the Locked up ones, the ones with the keyhole cutout on them,& I got them in some kind of dark brown wood,I think it was called Chechen wood or something. I can't wait to get them! I was caught between them, the day of the dead skull ones or the japanese sun concave ones. But I've had a thing for old keys & locks my whole life,so I went w/them. I didn't know Omerica makes everything to order,but I'm hoping I'll get them in a week or so!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Yeah, I'm a slow healer so cartilage takes even longer to heal for me. My double helix is almost 4 years old and it still gets kind of sore! I think it's crazy when some shops list the healing time of cartilage as like 4-6 months, it takes at least a year for most people. My helix was actually a lot worse and harder to heal than my conch piercings though. The conches have been great because I can sleep on them. Doubt I'd be able to sleep on a fresh punch though!
I don't know if she went anywhere or just quit piercing in general. I'm thinking she probably just quit because she's older and has a young daughter. It makes me kind of sad because she has done almost all of my piercings and I really liked her. She was the first and only good piercer I ever went to! I messaged the shop on Facebook and asked if anyone there could do triangle piercings and they said it's too advanced for the current piercer and recommended a place called Piercology in Columbus. Columbus is about 3 hours away but I guess it would be worth it to get piercings done right.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 am

I've seen videos on Youtube of people getting their conch punched,& yeah, I'd imagine it'd be pretty sore afterwards. I was thinking about that, if I were to get a conch piercing if the sleeping would be easier since it was more on the inside. When I got my industrial pierced, I couldn't sleep on that side for awhile, & it took a long time to heal. Actually, it's a little sore right now; yesterday I got my order from BAF & I got a new industrial bar. I just tried it on to see how it looked, & then I took it out & forgot to put my old one back for maybe a couple hours. And when I went to put my old one back in, it was actually kind of hard. I was like, WTF!?! I got it in & all, but I just can't believe it was difficult like that-it's been fully healed for about 12 or 13 yrs. It's not to the point where it's irritated,but it's a little sore. I don't know if the hole shrank a teeny bit in those few hours or what,but if stretching your cartilage feels anything like that did, I don't think I could do it.

But 3 hrs. isn't so bad; does that place do dermal punches as well? Maybe you could do both in one shot. It'd probably be closer than Philly. I didn't know how involved a triangle piercing is. I read about it on Infinite's site,& they were saying basically the same thing, that it takes a really experienced piercer to do it,& apparently not all women can get it depending on their anatomy. I'd always wondered why they said on a different area of their site how they try to schedule it so there will always be male & female piercers there at most times,but I guess that's why, incase people want certain piercings & want to request a certain one if they feel weird or whatever.
But my hoops came yesterday,they really are nice! I wish they'd get more than one at a time of those in though, because I'm always afraid if I wait for a sale they'll be gone. Also, I really like the Serpentina hoops & they've been out of stock for a while.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah, I take my double helix out when I get my hair cut and even like half an hour later when I put it back in it's kinda sore, so stretching cartilage would definitely suck. It might not be too bad with in-between sizes but still, I'd rather just have a chunk taken out than keep putting more and more pressure on it by stretching.
I'm not sure if that place does punches. But yeah, I don't even get pierced very often (last time was a year and a half ago) so 3 hours wouldn't be a big deal. I've had a lot of health issues lately though so it'll be a while before I can make a trip like that. There's a shop pretty close to me that seems pretty decent but I'd only trust them with basic piercings, definitely not genitals or anything complex. If I do get a punch it will probably be a few years so I can decide if I really want one. I think if I go to the place in Columbus I'll get my triangle and daith. And maybe something else. They have a 2 for 1 deal on Tuesdays so I will definitely be going on a Tuesday!
Those hoops are amazing!! The colors are really nicely distributed. On the weights I have only one side has really vivid coloring, the other side is mostly a dull blue.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 am

2 for 1, that's cool! Wish they'd do that near me;I think they maybe knock like, $10 off if you get more than one piercing in the same visit. They also have this frequent customer card, where you get the piercer to sign it when you get something done, & if you get 4 signatures your next piercing is free. I always wondered though how that worked, like if it goes per piercing or per visit-like if you got something done in pairs would it count for one or two on that card. And also, if just the piercing is free & you still have to pay for the jewelry, or if it's completely free. But I don't get pierced that often either, so I'd like the 2 fer idea better.

But I think as far as those power plugs/hoops/weights, etc., I think that's how they're made, where the one side is more solid. Like my plugs are like that-the top & sides are the swirls of different colors & then the back is mainly blue. And the hoops are like that too. It must have something to do with how they layer the colors to get the effect. But I really love them & I'm glad I got a hanging style in that color combo, it really is beautiful. It's funny,when I wear either of the hoops, little kids always stare at them. I think it's because they're so colorful. I was thinking about getting the orange/aqua plugs next BAF sale, but they're out of stock. That's ok though, because I'm really thinking I may get those New Earth plugs, I just can't decide.I was going to get Venus,but I really like how the New Earth ones have those swirls
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 am

Yeah I saw people on the Facebook page for the shop in Columbus talking about a "VIP card" and I wondered if that's the kind of thing it was, like getting one free after so many visits. Now I'm wondering if you have to pay for the jewelry in the 2 for 1 deal... probably so because it looked like they have a lot of REALLY nice jewelry. I'm gonna have to save up a ton of money when I go there so I can get some jewelry in addition to my piercings!
I would definitely get the New Earth ones. They are really cool. I would take a picture of mine but all I have is a crappy phone and it doesn't show details at all in pictures. I think the ones I got are closer to 9/16" so it'll be a while before I can wear them. :(
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Yeah, I would assume that most places with any frequent customer card or 2fer deal would have people pay for the jewelry-otherwise it'd probably be just too complicated. Like I'd assume that if the jewelry was free it'd probably be just really basic steel stuff, & some people can't wear steel. Then they may feel it's unfair to not get the same deal over something they can't help, & then the people that get the steel stuff may feel that's unfair that anyone gets titanium or other more expensive stuff.Or you'd get people that just say they can't wear steel to get a more expensive piece of jewelry. So it's probably just easier to just waive the piercing fee & still have it up to the customer what jewelry they pick.

But I think I may get those New Earth plugs during the sale, if they're still there. I think there's 2 in stock, so hopefully they will be. I'm just concerned of how they'll look on-I have a pretty fair complexion, so my concern is that the colors & details won't stand out well against my skin. I'll have to take another look at the customer pics & see. But I'm also really liking these http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=7998 ,but I'd probably order them now & not wait. But I can't decide between the clear or they have them in this amber/honey color I like. Maybe I'll get one now & the other color during the sale, if they're still in stock.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 am

Yeah, I never thought of the steel/titanium thing, that's definitely true.
I wish I could get pierced on my birthday which is on Saturday, but I have to save money for bills. I at least want to get my second lobes done soon, I think I've decided to stretch them to 6G. I would just get them pierced at that size but I figure having other piercings to stretch might take my mind off of stretching my lobes bigger, haha.
I think the New Earth plugs would actually stand out more on fair skin. And I bet they'd be really nice in 5/8". 5/8" seems to be the size that most of the planet plugs start to look good.

Those honeycomb plugs are really cool... they remind me of some "waffle texture" plugs I just got from someone on Jewelry Exchange, they're a really pretty bright blue/green color.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion