Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:02 am

I love galaxy plugs! I've had blue and pink (wouldn't have been my first choice but I bought them from someone else) and green/diamond in smaller sizes. I really want some of the royal blue ones and rainbow. I like the GWS jellyfish plugs too. And the good thing is BAF does pre-orders on GWS so even if something's out of stock you can still get it.

I emailed BAF about those hangies being green instead of purple and they gave me $20 in order credit! So now after the surveys I'll have $51, and even more after the reviews! Can't wait til the sale in March now!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Me too, I've always liked them, & they're all pretty similar, but I think my fav colors in those are the copper and the pink. But those jellyfish ones are pretty awesome as well! For the next sale I was thinking maybe I'd get something by GWS, & I've had my eye on these: http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=9889 and http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=8097 . I like all the planets & really want to eventually get several different ones, but Venus is probably my fav. And the purple borostone ones I've had on my wishlist for forever, & they tend to sell out fast. There's not many in stock, & there's only I think 1 of the Venus in my size, so I'm hoping either is still there for the sale. That is if I don't end up going for those blue/yellow GG hoops. There's a big difference in price though. But I've been hinting about them to my boyfriend, & saying there's even a sale next month, but he just got me those linear hoops. He's actually not really a fan of body modification & when it comes to gifts would rather get me 'normal' jewelry, but he knew how much I wanted them. BAF doesn't get many of them in stock either, & Painful Pleasures charges so much more for certain GG stuff than BAF. Like those weights you have are like, $56 or something on BAF, but on PP they're almost $90! And the hoops are way more on that site too.

But that's awesome that they gave you a $20 credit just like that! So now you'll have $51, so you can really get something nice! I'd be so tempted to use it right away, but it probably is better waiting for the sale so you can get more bang for your buck. But that's cool because you'll be able to get something really nice & it's completely free basically. LOL, too bad they don't let you stack the 10% preferred customer thing w/the 20%! They have sales basically every month, but the next time they do 30% instead of 20% isn't til July.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 am

I've had the borostone ones on my wishlist for ages too, they are gorgeous! And I want pretty much all the planet plugs. I saw where someone posted Pluto ones on Jewelry Exchange a couple days ago and they were gorgeous, way brighter than I thought they'd be. They were 1/2" but I was too slow and someone bought them before me. :( I did get some New Earth ones on there though, and they're way nicer than I expected.
I can't believe those weights are $90 on Painful Pleasures!!! I always thought that site was supposed to be on the cheaper side. I still want to get some spirals from there since they have some pretty cheap ones. I'm really into spirals lately. I had these in my cart during the last BAF sale but they were more expensive than I thought (I thought they were sold as a pair rather than singles) so I decided not to get them: https://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=&jewelry=hanging&gauge=1%2F2%22&flare_type=&length=&brand=&price=&material=Glass&button=%C2%BB+Submit+filter+%C2%AB&date=&restock=&new=&orderby=&RecordDisplay=&Filter=Yes&Extras=&Retainer=&Showout=&Threading=&preorders=&ProductID=12165&index=17

And yeah, I was really happy that they did that. I wish I could wait until the next 30% off sale but I definitely want stuff before July! I might get those spirals and some galaxy plugs. I wish BAF had those limited Omerica plugs that I had in 7/16" because I reeeally want to replace them in 1/2".

The more 1/2" jewelry I get the smaller it looks and the more I want to go bigger, haha. So I should probably stop getting so much jewelry... but it's so addictive!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:39 am

LOL,it is addictive. Actually, I was even thinking how I was sort of glad I had to exchange those turquoise eyelets because I'll have something to look forward to this week. I really like those spirals-I'm pretty sure some guy on here got the same pair & posted a pic of them. I'm pretty sure they also make that pattern in a tunnel style, but only in really big sizes, I think. I've been meaning to get a set of spirals-PP has a pair of dichro glass ones I've had at several different sizes, & they make them up to 5/8", so I want to get another pair. They usually do have really great prices, but for some reason, some of their GG stuff is priced alot higher. Not all of it-alot of the styles are priced the same as everywhere else, but the hoops & weights are alot more. At first I thought that they were less, like for yours it said $44. But that's per weight (like anyone would buy just one?),so its $88 for the small size and $98 for the large size. And my hoops I think are $88 a pair as well. I was thinking if I end up ever getting more hoops or the ones like yours & BAF is out of stock, I'd probably email PP and ask if they'd at least match the price. But PP also has a really nice selection of organic stuff for pretty cheap too. They never give you a break on the shipping, but you can usually find coupon codes for them.

But I really want some of those planets-you have the New Earth? I really like those, & I think they're the only planets that are single flare. I like them all, but Venus, New Earth, & Nebula are my favs. I've never seen Pluto though-did they discontinue that one? But those spirals, the good thing with them is if you do go larger you could still wear them through earskins. I've often put on the surveys that I wish they'd carry more glass hanging stuff in larger sizes, like spirals & squids. They do have some wood hanging styles that are larger in size, but I just really love glass :)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:45 am

Yep, the New Earth are the ones I got. The flares are pretty big so I won't be able to wear them for a while unfortunately, but they're still awesome. I'm not sure if they discontinued the Pluto ones... I hope not! I'd really like to get some!
I definitely will wear the spirals through earskins or just on their own like weights if I stretch bigger. That's what I like about hanging stuff, it doesn't always have to be in your size.

I got some VERY cheap (like $4) synthetic turquoise plugs on eBay... put them in last night and I really liked them but today when I took them out they were almost stuck to my ears! What is synthetic turquoise made out of?
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by aBn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 am

most of the synthetic turquoise i have seen is actually dyed howlite :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 am

That's probably what it is because I had a pair of 2G pink howlite plugs that looked and felt exactly like them only pink. The wearable on them is so short too... I definitely don't think I'm going to be wearing them anymore!
I put in my nephrite jade plugs and they are as smooth as glass. :)
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by aBn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 am

yeh it sucks when you get plugs you cant wear but atleast you only spent 4 bucks. i bought a pair of tunnels that screw on and i cant even get them to start threading. damn thick lobes haha :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 am

Yeah, I had never had plugs with screw on backs til recently and I think I'm just gonna keep the backs off and use o-rings. They are a pain in the ass. I got some Misfits plugs with a screw-on front and they're not as bad because they're internally threaded and it doesn't take as long to line them up. It takes me soooo long to screw on the externally threaded backs.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 pm

I looked a second time & I still didn't see Pluto. Guess they don't have them anymore. That's too bad because I'd really like to see what they look like;I like all the planets. Those borostone ones, there's now only 1 left in my size, so I doubt they'll last til the sale. I may get them in the next couple days-I came across a little extra money unexpectedly, & I doubt I'll be able to hold off til the 17th :D . But I think I'm going to definitely get another set of GG hoops & I'm going to get the power ones this time, but I really can't decide between the yellow/blue or the aqua/orange. But then I want lifesavers too;I'm going to have to decide now a set amount to allow myself to spend on plugs, otherwise I'll go crazy.

But w/the turquoise, I've heard other people say stuff like it's made their ears blue or felt weird or whatever. I hope I don't have any problems w/those Diablo eyelets I'm waiting on. One of the customer service people actually emailed me some photos of different pairs before they sent them, so that was really nice of them.

Did you decide what to spend your $51 credit on?
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion