Gorilla Glass Hoops!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by akPhilly » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:08 am

LOL, I stayed up past midnight too last night :lol: ! Actually it was after 1 w/the time zones.I never stay up that late during the week because I have to be up at 6, but I didn't want to wait. There weren't many of those power plugs in my size & I wanted to put in a request for a pair w/as much variation as possible for the size. Thanks again for the coupon!

So since you're not getting the purple hanging ones, are you just going to get the Mayan flares? Those ones were really pretty. I don't have any Mayan flares & want a pair. I didn't know they had tees on the free list-I was actually thinking of buying a tee last night,but I really wanted both pairs of plugs & it's the first & bills are due, so I really wanted to stick to my budget. But I'm glad they put the calender on the list because it says there's extra coupons in it. I also considered getting another pair of GG hoops instead because it would've been the same amount,but I've really wanted those power plugs for a long time & the Diablo turquoise ones too, & they'll be more practical for every day too. Hopefully they'll be here by Tuesday or so. :)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Haha, I'm always up late so it wasn't a problem for me. I decided to get those purple hangies after all since I'm getting really into big spirals/hangies lately (I never liked them in bigger sizes before but now I do) and it's probably my last chance to get them. They're so pretty and unique I just couldn't pass them up! I should've given you the discount codes for the rest of the year (someone messaged them to me on the other forum I get on) to save you getting a calendar but I forgot. I ended up just getting order credit as my freebies. I wanted a tee shirt but after I redid my order I didn't spend enough to get a free one. :( Oh well, I think I'd rather just buy one in teal or purple since I like those a lot better than the black ones.

I also got some of those steel tunnels you showed me, I'm excited because they're 12mm and I'll be able to wear them right away! And I got these: https://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=merlot&button=Search&RecordDisplay=&Filter=Yes&ProductID=13142&index=1. I hope they're as pretty as the pictures! I wanted some mint Gorilla Glass colorfronts but I think I'll wait til the next sale.

I got my GG weights in the mail too and made a post about them in the pictures section. I just had to show them off, they're amazing! I was worried my lobes wouldn't fit through the gap in them but thankfully they did.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I am still thinking about buying those octupus, anchor, and whatever else it was (owl, I think?) tunnels from you. I go back and forth on them, haha.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:07 am

I took a look at the weights, they're really nice! I'm even more excited now to get the power plugs since I got the same color. Though I still wouldn't mind having a hanging style in that color because the blue/yellow's my fav. I think they're a great size, & they'll look good when you go larger too if you do.

But I've seen those glasswear plugs, they're such a nice color. I think I may have had a pair of glasswear studio plugs back when I was at 1g, but I got them at a shop so I'm not sure. They were that style, but a lavender color. I remember them being really nice though. I should take another look at some of that brand's stuff, they're more affordable than I thought they were. I think I was confusing them w/glassheart studios, & they're really expensive. But those purple hanging ones are beautiful, & yeah they're pricey, but it'll probably be one of those things you wear forever,plus they're unusual. It might be one of those things where down the road you'd never see anything like them again, or if you did it'd be for several times as much, & you would've been like, dammit, I should've gotten them when I had the chance! So I think it's worth paying a bit more when it's something like that. But I really think you're going to like those steel ones, they really make your holes look big! And they're alot better quality in person than they look in the photo. Plus they're only like, $14 or whatever, so if you go larger, you won't have to feel bad about retiring them. The backs are a little tricky to put on, but I feel that way about all threaded plugs. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, rather than fiddle with the backs, I'll just put an o-ring on the back-someone in the reviews section suggested that, & it's easier sometimes. But I wear those alot more than I was thinking I would-actually, I've worn them almost every day since I got them because of how much bigger they make you look.

But yeah, I still have the octopus, anchor & owl ones. It's too bad BAF is ALWAYS sold out of most of the Halftone ones like that because I would've picked up another pair of the octopuses at least during the sale. I want to get all 3 in my current size, but the octopus ones are my fav out of the 3. Other sites carry them, but it would've been nice to get 30%.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 am

Thanks! You'll have to post a picture of the plugs you get.

Yeah, Glasswear Studios colorfronts seem to have more color variety and are a little cheaper but I prefer the Gorilla Glass ones. Unfortunately if I go to 5/8" I'll have to switch to GWS because most Gorilla Glass ones stop at 1/2". Oh well. They have the sky blue ones up to 1" so at least I'd still be able to get those. I got my Mayan flare bloodstone plugs and was really disappointed... I might try to sell them on Jewelry Exchange but I might just keep them. They're still cool but they don't have much variation, just a few red spots.
I agree about the purple hangies, I think I'm going to be glad I bought them. I'm hoping to get them in the mail tomorrow so I'll have to take a picture of the pair I get!

I got some amazing green stone plugs from Jewelry Exchange. I think they're nephrite jade, but they are a really gorgeous deep green and are very well made. I was so happy to see they were 12mm in addition to being single-flare so I can wear them already. It's just going to suck not being able to wear them if I stretch bigger, they are such a pretty color. I also got four or five pairs of glass plugs from the same person for $35, they're just solid colored double-flares and one pair of red and black ones. But she suggested painting over them with nail polish if I don't like the colors and I thought it was a great idea... I have a really pretty sparkly turquoise nail polish that I'd love to use. I might do that to the plain black pair I'm getting.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 pm

I'd imagine you'll get your order really soon-I got mine yesterday, & as far as the mail goes, where you live & where I live isn't really much difference, so I wouldn't even be surprised if you got them today if your mailman hasn't made his rounds yet. I was surprised how fast my order came, & I really love my GG plugs-the flares are pretty big on them, but not a problem to get in or anything. The Diablo faux turquoise eyelets though I ended up sending back. I requested a pair with variations in it, but I should've been more specific because I meant that I wanted a pair w/the thin black veining, & the pair I got had these really big brown splotches on them, which I really didn't like at all. I've collected turquoise all my life, & I've seen turquoise w/brown in it plenty of times, but this looked more like it had dirt on it rather than brown matrix turquoise can sometimes have. Plus one of the eyelets didn't look polished in the center, so I packed them up & took them to the post office today, & this time I sent a note being more specific in what I wanted. But it's no biggie, they're pretty fast w/exchanges, & they have lots of them in stock, so I'm sure there will be a pair that looks more like the product & customer photos. And my concern was more the GG plugs-there weren't many in stock, so I'm glad I got a pair that was what I had in mind & that I'm happy with.

ImageImage

But speaking of GG, have you looked on King's body jewelry at all at their GG colorfronts? Because they have single flare colorfronts in about 10 different colors & then they have them in double flare too. And they go all the way up to 1" in all the colors. They have this one color I really love in that style-they refer to it as 'aqua', but to me it really looks more like a rich, dark teal color. http://www.kingsbodyjewelry.com/gorillaglass.aspx .I haven't ordered from King's yet, but they do have some GG pieces in sizes BAF doesn't have-like besides the colorfronts, they also have the CBR's up to 1/2" I think. But Glasswear studio's stuff looks nice too, & I really want some of their Planet plugs, especially in Venus, New Earth, and Andromeda. Maybe if I can, the next BAF sale I'll get them-according to the Diablo calender the next one's for 20% in mid-March. And I didn't realize it, but I have a pair by Glasswear studios. I don't wear them anymore because they're 1/2", but my pyrex no flares are by Glasswear studios.
So I'm sure you'll get your order soon, & you should post pics of those purple ones! And let me know what you think of those steel ones w/the big flare.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:52 am

Those power plugs look awesome!!! That's too bad about the turquoise, I hope you get a much better pair. I'm thinking about getting some single-flare turquoise plugs next time I order.
I didn't get my order today. They'll probably come tomorrow but I'm at my dad's so I won't be able to get them til late tomorrow night. I'll definitely take a picture of those purple ones. I don't know if I'll be able to wear them yet but I can at least take pictures of them not in my ears.
Thanks for showing me that site!! That's awesome, that gives me even more reason to go to 5/8". I would almost like to go to 3/4" but I'm not sure. I wonder if the purple ones on that site are the same as the "grape" on BAF. Grape is my favorite color in colorfronts
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:11 am

I took a look closer look at Kings w/those colorfronts & I'm totally confused now-it says w/all those colorfronts that they go up to 1 inch, but when I looked closer, on the pull down menu, it only goes up to a 1/2". I guess it's a typo or something :( . But then, I watch the videos King's puts on Youtube, & they did one that was all about GG, & in the very beginning, the guy shows plain colorfronts & they're really big sizes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svkyhyJKckY . So I don't know what the real story is on those colorfronts. Although I wonder either way if GG would make you a pair if they don't typically do them in larger sizes-I really don't see why they couldn't. I see them post all kind of crazy looking custom stuff on their Facebook & Tumblr,so I don't see why a pair of larger size colorfronts would be a problem. I mean, if they do the larger colorfronts like in the Kings video, its kind of weird BAF doesn't carry them,but then again, they never seem to have any single flared stone stuff over 1/2". If I get sf stone stuff, I go to this site called Intrepid body jewelry. But I'm kind of surprised your package didn't come yet, although I can't imagine they wouldn't come this week for sure. I bet you won't have a problem getting those purple ones in-even if they're a hair larger than 12mm, since they're stone they'll probably slide right in. They're also doing a 20% sale on all Kaos for the next couple of days, it said the code on their FB page. So I'm going to see if I can get a few extra bucks because I could use some more silicone. But I'm antsy to get my exchange-hopefully in a week or so :D
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:50 am

That's really weird. I wonder how I could go about getting them to make them in a larger sizes... I have no idea how to ask them to make custom stuff, I thought you just had to order from the retailers they send stuff too.

I saw that Kaos discount code... I was considering getting some earskins but I can't buy any more stuff until I get a job or I am going to go broke FAST, haha. If only I had unlimited money... I would have a jewelry collection worth thousands!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Yeah, I'm really not sure about how you go about ordering directly from GG-the few pieces I have by them are from BAF & Painful Pleasures, & I'd rather get them from BAF if it's possible because I figure it'll be faster. And PP doesn't actually stock GG, what they do is you order from them & then they contact GG & get it for you. So it can take several weeks. So luckily so far BAF had those plugs & hoops in stock, but there are a few pieces I can't find anywhere, so I figured I'd have to get them from GG somehow. Like I can't seem to find Lifesavers in my size in the color I want. But on the page on the GG site that tells you how to order, it's just kind of confusing. Like it'll say for retail orders, 'we do not sell any stock items retail', but then it talks about custom orders. So are they saying they'll sell an individual a custom order but not a ready made stuff? That doesn't make any sense. But they do have a phone number & email, so I guess when the time comes, I'd just have to call them & ask. Here, the page where it talks about ordering, http://www.getgorilla.com/order.html , and they do seem to have those plain colorfronts all the way up to an inch on their main site, & it says double or single flare. So that'd be cool because they offer all the colors, &there's like,20 of them, http://www.getgorilla.com/color_front.php . Although if you can order directly from them, the shipping's kind of expensive since it's in Mexico. I was thinking the next time I can afford to get GG that I'd get lifesavers or orange/green power hoops,but I like the blue/yellow plugs so well I'm thinking I really would like a hanging style in that color combo, either hoops or the ones like yours. BAF does have them,but they don't get many in at one time & it's going to be awhile til I get any more GG. I'm hoping the next sale in mid March I get a few extra bucks & hopefully they'll still have them. That's another thing, I doubt you'd get any discounts ordering directly from GG.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Discussion